Build Thread Tomatech TAC2005M cnc controller retrofit. SZ-GH1000MC

Thread: Tomatech TAC2005M cnc controller retrofit. SZ-GH1000MC

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Tomatech TAC2005M cnc controller retrofit. SZ-GH1000MC

My old Arix CNC60 milling machine controller has finally died. It put up a good fight over the years but this time its down for the count.

For the retrofit, I have chosen the Tomatech TAC2005M controller. I couldn't find much info regarding this control. From the small amount I could find on the internet I thought it was worth a shot. I have previously fitted an Adtech controller to my lathe and while it is good enough to use, I figured I'd be wise to see if this thing is any better.

Anyone else got experience with tomatech?

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tomatech TAC2005M cnc controller retrofit. SZ-GH1000MC-img_20210202_211218-1-jpg   Tomatech TAC2005M cnc controller retrofit. SZ-GH1000MC-img_20210206_194022-1-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Tomatech TAC2005M cnc controller retrofit. SZ-GH1000MC

Small update. I have been wiring I/O the last couple of nights. The chinglish manual supplied with the kit is for an older version of a lathe controller. Not very helpful.
    I downloaded what I believe is the correct manual and its not much better. I/O page in manual is completely different to the diagnostic page in the machine. What's more surprising, the inputs are labelled incorrectly in the controller as well. Its been very confusing but I made some progress.

This controller has deceleration switch inputs for homing. The over travel switches are supposed to be wired into the E-stop circuit. I don't like that much. The diagnostic page has over travel inputs listed but they are actually used in a digital matrix for the feed override switch! It took me a while to figure that out.

My Adtech controller on my lathe has user configurable I/O which is much more user friendly.

I haven't been able to figure out how to change parameters yet either. There's 3 levels of passwords!

None of these issues are unexpected, I'll keep at it!

Downloads
    Uploads

I've been very busy working on this machine. It's up and running now I haven't cut any metal yet but it is cycling programs without (obvious) issue.
    Kevin at tomatech has been very helpful with support emails. I had some issues with homing but that was quickly sorted out. Parameter access was locked with a very long password but that is fixed now to.
    It runs much quieter and faster with the AC servos (also tomatech). It easily charged thru mastercam X8 generated high speed hybrid toolpaths.
    I am looking forward to making some swarf asap!
    So far I am impressed. I will update after doing some cutting!

Downloads
    Uploads

Cut some metal for the first time tonight! Tomatech appears to work very well. I'm happy!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tomatech TAC2005M cnc controller retrofit. SZ-GH1000MC-img_20210407_224327-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Talking Re: Tomatech TAC2005M cnc controller retrofit. SZ-GH1000MC

Finishing pass completed

Some final tuning to do but machine is working well.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tomatech TAC2005M cnc controller retrofit. SZ-GH1000MC-chamber3-1-jpg