smc5-5-n backlash control

Thread: smc5-5-n backlash control

Downloads
    Uploads

Default smc5-5-n backlash control

Hello, i have a similar issue to some 3d printers, no backlash control.
    Some 3d printers have an M99 code, one sets the backlash at the head of the program.
    Could this function be copied and pasted into smc5-5-n firmware?

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails smc5-5-n backlash control-20201121_084708-jpg   smc5-5-n backlash control-20201121_084759-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: smc5-5-n backlash control

The firmware version 2020-09-16 already has backlash control, separate for each axis. You can get the latest firmware from Lollette support if you send them the serial number of your SMC5-5-N-N controller. Hopefully they'll add other useful functions as well for future firmware versions, as the controller functionality is still quite limited with several not-yet-in-use front panel buttons, for example.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: smc5-5-n backlash control

Good to hear, i only bought smc5 because ddcsv cannot be upgraded to 5 axis, it has to be built in from the get go.

Wisdom results from foolishness!

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Corhoin View Post
    The firmware version 2020-09-16 already has backlash control, separate for each axis. You can get the latest firmware from Lollette support if you send them the serial number of your SMC5-5-N-N controller. Hopefully they'll add other useful functions as well for future firmware versions, as the controller functionality is still quite limited with several not-yet-in-use front panel buttons, for example.
    I have been trying to find the backlash control settings on the SMC5-5-N-N with no luck. I have firmare v4.1.1 2021-8-30. I emailed them with the serial number for a firmware update about a month ago and they never replied to me so I'm a bit stuck. It seems according to you my version should include the backlash settings. It even says on the machine configuration page v1.1.9 (backlash assess) so I feel like I'm just missing something but the manual doesn't mention it and I can't find anything about it online.