Chinese CNC Controller Throwing Alarm While Threading

Thread: Chinese CNC Controller Throwing Alarm While Threading

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Chinese CNC Controller Throwing Alarm While Threading

Hello, for the past few months I’ve been modernizing all of the electronics in my little Dyna Mechtronics DM3000 lathe. I decided to go with an XCMCU XC609T 2 axis controller, despite there being no support or information about them online. Overall, I haven’t had any problems and am very pleased with it. I finally got around to mounting a new spindle encoder and deciding to see how well it could cut threads, but no matter what I try, the program will run all the way until the tool gets to the position where it’s supposed to make the first cut, then alarms out, saying “The tapping thread is too large for the shaft”. I doubt that anyone on here has specific knowledge about these controllers, but if anyone has an opinion as to what they think it means, I’m open to all suggestions. I’ve tried G33, G76, and G92 with programs that I’ve written, as well as ones generated with CAM. It runs straight Fanuc g-code and every other function I’ve tried thus far has worked perfectly with the code from the 6T postprocessor I’ve been using

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Chinese CNC Controller Throwing Alarm While Threading

Quote Originally Posted by asql2580 View Post
    Hello, for the past few months I’ve been modernizing all of the electronics in my little Dyna Mechtronics DM3000 lathe. I decided to go with an XCMCU XC609T 2 axis controller, despite there being no support or information about them online. Overall, I haven’t had any problems and am very pleased with it. I finally got around to mounting a new spindle encoder and deciding to see how well it could cut threads, but no matter what I try, the program will run all the way until the tool gets to the position where it’s supposed to make the first cut, then alarms out, saying “The tapping thread is too large for the shaft”. I doubt that anyone on here has specific knowledge about these controllers, but if anyone has an opinion as to what they think it means, I’m open to all suggestions. I’ve tried G33, G76, and G92 with programs that I’ve written, as well as ones generated with CAM. It runs straight Fanuc g-code and every other function I’ve tried thus far has worked perfectly with the code from the 6T postprocessor I’ve been using

Could it be the controller recognizes the diameter as radius?
    For GSK980 control can change parameter PA1 to switch, but I am not sure about your controller.

http://cncmakers.com/cnc/controllers/CNC_Controller_System/CNC_Retrofit_Package.html

Downloads
    Uploads

You can choose between radius and diameter in the parameters. I’ve always had it set for diameter, though. For threading, the only parameters it has are for the P, Q, and R values in the first G76 block so you can run it with just one line. I’ve tried both and the result is always the same.

Tomorrow I’m going to do a search in the manual (which I had to translate) to see if it refers to any other parts as a ‘shaft’... Since I’m almost positive that the g-code is correct, I think it has to be unhappy about something else, like maybe the spindle encoder. I haven’t been able to get it run at a constant surface speed either

You can pick among range and measurement in the boundaries. I've generally had it set for width, however. For stringing, the solitary boundaries it has are for the P, Q, and R esteems in the principal G76 block so you can run it with only one line. I've attempted both and the outcome is consistently the equivalent. Tomorrow I will do an inquiry in the manual (which I needed to mean) check whether it alludes to some other parts as a 'shaft'... Since I'm practically sure that the g-code is right.

Robert | abattage

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by asql2580 View Post
    I decided to go with an XCMCU XC609T 2 axis controller, despite there being no support or information about them online.
    I saw these on eBay and I was tempted to try one. What post processor do you use with it?

Last edited by Storen; 01-27-2021 at 08:52 PM.