controller for automated saw

Thread: controller for automated saw

Downloads
    Uploads

Default controller for automated saw

Hi All,

Sorry if this is in the wrong place.

I need to build a panel saw rapidly. The job was meant to start about 6 months from now. though has been moved to next week. Yeah i know its impossible.

So here is the idea we need to do a vast amount of vertical and horizontal saw cuts in concrete.
    our concept for the frame is kinds like below.
    https://www.putschmeniconi.com/verti...l-saw-svp-320/

Have contacted a few company to supply the farming systems and motors, the only one that seams to have the whole system including drives and software is Bosch rethrox local. the other looks like i will need to put together myself.

the frame will only ever cut vertical and horozontal
    will require
    3-4 servo motors
    1 control of VFD 3 phase motor
    1 relay switch
    4-6 limit switch

so i guess the question is

Whaat controller can i use to control this. would like to see the use of a hand controller and or touchscreen

the basic of each cut will be possion saw head at cut line
    press button to turn on saw and plunge the saw
    press button to travel all the way left too limit switch or if in vertical mode travel all the way vertical to limit switch
    press button/ or run from limit. de plunge saw and turn off
    saw goes into free mode to allow travel to start of next cut.
    repeat from top

what is the best way of going about this, is there a manafacture that can program this into a simple user interface or somewhere to find a contractor to program what we need onto interface.
    this was ment to be a diy project and still may be though there is just on much time now.

hopefully this makes seance and someone can help.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: controller for automated saw

Look at the CleaPath MC motors from Teknic.com

One of the motor motion modes is travel until limit switch. The speed can be pre-programmed via the USB port. If you have an electronics guy, you could do all the rest with an Arduino and some relays. No need for a complicated motion controller.

What will you use for the saw and motor? How big is the frame and are you cutting floors, walls, or ceilings?

Where are you located?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: controller for automated saw

You are correct, I also think it impossible to build this in a week.

Is this going to be used in your facility or is it a portable system that would be used on a job site?

What is your budget for this project?

Where are you located?

If the frame can be built from aluminum extrusions, then 8020 would be my vendor of choice. 80/20 T-slot Aluminum Building System

As said above, the ClearPath motors would be the easiest to install and set up for an application like this.

The fastest way would be to use a Galil motion controller to run the system. Would get you going fast, maybe an hour or so of programming and setup to do what you want. Additional automation could be implemented later with more programming. Galil Motion Control Maybe a DMC-4030 or DMC-4040 would be best. Could be used with no computer attached, but still has the option of attaching a computer for a touch screen and more control if desired. Readily adaptable to a hand held pendant.

Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA