Need help RASturbobend plc meltdown repair replace retrofit??

Thread: Need help RASturbobend plc meltdown repair replace retrofit??

Default Need help RASturbobend plc meltdown repair replace retrofit??

Hello I have a RAS turbo bend cnc folding machine from 1996 it worked good until the low voltage power supply stopped working it was replaced with an aftermarket one which later damaged the controller. Damaged parts have been replaced all accept one the plc which is a really old lattice chip that I haven’t been able to find a replacement for or modern equivalent. Does anybody know where I could find a chip or entire board? Used or new does not matter. My other option would be to retrofit the machine with a pc used as a controller. Does anyone know how I might go about wiring and running that? I’m really in hot water over this machine and need it to work again. I cannot afford to replace it at this time and work is backing up terrible. Any help or ideas or anything is greatly appreciated!

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Need help RASturbobend plc meltdown repair replace retrofit??-eefa201c-f7d9-4062-bcda-41aa963af7ab-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Need help RASturbobend plc meltdown repair replace retrofit??

Is there no factory support or parts available? Maybe a newer controller available from the factory?

There are many options for retrofit controllers that would run the machine, but the problem will be the software. There is not going to be any off the shelf software that would run the machine. If doing a retrofit controller, someone is going to have to write the operating software.

EDIT: Given that the machine seems to be a 3 axis machine; Bending Plate (X, or maybe this could be an A axis), Clamping Bar (Y), Back Stop (Z) it could be operated with G-code and thus could use many common CNC controllers and software. You would have to hand write the G code for the part. I'm not aware of any CAM software that would generate the G code to run that machine, but I'm not up to speed on sheet metal software packages so something may exist.

Last edited by Jim Dawson; 12-27-2019 at 10:22 PM.
    Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

There is a factory retrofit available however it’s nearly 50 grand I can write the g code that’s not a problem I just need to figure out how to wire it

Downloads
    Uploads

It's a little more complicated than just wiring in a computer. I would start with the electrical documentation for the machine. Figure out what is required and then spec a compatible controller. I couldn't help you out without seeing the electrical documentation.

Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

I’ll get the manual Monday when I get to work and and take pictures of the machines wiring I appreciate your help!

Downloads
    Uploads

Any progress?

Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA