Need Help! How do the inputs on the DSP controller effect inputs from CAm software

Thread: How do the inputs on the DSP controller effect inputs from CAm software

Downloads
    Uploads

Default How do the inputs on the DSP controller effect inputs from CAm software

Hi, I am new to CNC routing. I am using a piranha 1325-3 which uses a dsp controller (RichAuto). The cam software I am using is VCarve Pro. Within VCarve I set spindle speeds etc, but then when I input the file into the dsp controller, I have additional options called 'travel speed', 'processor speed' plus others and I am unsure what these values correspond to, and what to set them to. Any help would be much appreciated.
    Thanks

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: How do the inputs on the DSP controller effect inputs from CAm software

Which model of RichAuto DSP do you have?

Their manuals need to be read a few times along with some experimentation to translate their meanings.

For an A11 DSP, this manual has been re-written somewhat and might be a good starting point for you: http://content.powermatic.com/assets...022_man_EN.pdf

Also, the Axiom range of CNC routers also use a RichAuto A11 and their manual is also pretty good.

If your spindle or motion speeds do not follow your G-code then you have to tell the DSP how to interpret them.

First you need to enable recognition of certain G-codes from "Machine Setup - G-Code" (also Advanced Settings for some settings). For spindle speed there are 8 settings of S1 to S8. Set S1 to zero and the others to the approximate RPM your spindle can do up to S8 = maxRPM.

The latest firmware can be downloaded from RichAuto: ???? ruizhi tianhong

Make sure to backup the settings before doing anything.

HTH.

Cheers,

HarryE.