Need Help! Fixing my Anilam 1100m or retrofit with newer system?

Thread: Fixing my Anilam 1100m or retrofit with newer system?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Fixing my Anilam 1100m or retrofit with newer system?

Hi.

Just bought a very nice Induma mill fitted with an Anilam 1100m control system.
    The machine have not been used for a few years, so when i started it up, the BIOS battery was flat. I managed to desolder the clock-chip from the board, dremel two holes in the side of the chip, and solder in to wires to attach an external battery. All done, the machine started straight up into the Anilam CNC software.

I now i have two problems.
    First problem; i can not for the life of me, get the servos working.
    I have tried to jog the machine manually, and there is no response. I get a message that says: "Error: Servos are off.".
    If i load a program and try to run it, i get the message: "Servos are off, cannot execute!"
    I can not find any settings in the software that should cause this.
    I have tried to measure the power supplies, but the wiring diagram i have does not show what voltages i should expect to find.

The second problem i have is that i can not get the spindle to run from the CNC control.
    If i flip the "spindle manual/auto" button to manual, i can push "spndle fwd" or "spindle rwd" on the display. The corresponding relay clicks, but it does not for some reason activate the contactor. If i manually trigger the contactor, the spindle starts.
    I have also here tried to measure the voltage supply to the contactor, but have a hard time tracing exactly where the power should be coming from.

There is a diagnostics system on the mill, but i need the floppy drive to run the diagnostics software, which i do not have.

Should i spent time trying to get the Anilam system working or should i go on with retrofitting a newer control system?

The machine is in very good condition, so it would be nice to get it back to it's former glory.
    A few images attached

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fixing my Anilam 1100m or retrofit with newer system?-user_scoped_temp_data_msgr_photo_for_upload_1548094599217-jpg_1548094603690-jpg   Fixing my Anilam 1100m or retrofit with newer system?-user_scoped_temp_data_msgr_photo_for_upload_1548094607491-jpg_1548094611964-jpg   Fixing my Anilam 1100m or retrofit with newer system?-user_scoped_temp_data_msgr_photo_for_upload_1548181493929-jpg_1548181498797-jpg   Fixing my Anilam 1100m or retrofit with newer system?-user_scoped_temp_data_msgr_photo_for_upload_1548182364215-jpg_1548182376082-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Fixing my Anilam 1100m or retrofit with newer system?

My Anilam 3000 has no tie to the spindle control, totally separate, I suspect that’s a choice the builder makes though.
    I’m assuming there is a E-stop? Did you check the contacts working? On my machine you pull out the E-stop and hit the Servo reset button. This fires up the Servo drivers and the auto lube pump, and prompts for a home.
    Not sure how similar the older models are
    Keith

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Fixing my Anilam 1100m or retrofit with newer system?

[I have been watching this post for long time because I was having a very similar problem I have got to the bottom of mine

it was the servo reset button that was not working

pull the circuit board out from behind key pad and on the back theirs a 2 wire plug fink is says servo reset on board 5v across the wires see what happens wen you push servo reset

the 2 wires go with e-stop wires to the big circuit board in servo box not the pc

I shorted the 2 wires with a resister machine worked resister cos I do not no haw key pads work