Need Help! Anilam Crusader II - Y Axis runs away; servo card balance/signal pots

Thread: Anilam Crusader II - Y Axis runs away; servo card balance/signal pots

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Anilam Crusader II - Y Axis runs away; servo card balance/signal pots

Hello,
    After some google searches, I've almost come up with answers but still need some expert advice.
    Machine in question is a Bridgeport/SuperMax type with Anilam Crusader II console. There were several variations of the Crusader II servo cabinet setups which is part of my problem finding answers.

Yesterday the memory board in the console (green tab) went bad... only ones and zeros would show when powering on the console, otherwise stuck here and would not respond. Swapping out the green tab board with another broken Crusader II console let it start up normally and everything seemed fine. However, now the table creeped slowly X+Y and the spindle creeped too, maybe 1 inch per minute. I found servo cabinet balance instructions for each card which fixed that issue. (Basically disconnect scales, and turn balance pot on servo card until handwheels became motionless. HOWEVER, the new problem, when reset/activate servos with scales plugged-in the Y-axis moves suddenly and shuts down the servos and goes to error 18+19. I have a video to show this.
    I tried adjusting the balance and signal pots in the servo cabinet on the Y card, and even found instructions for setting the balance pot on the black tab card in console to 0 millivolts. Still the Y-axis starts to slowly move and then it speeds up and the servo power shuts down (not from limit switch) and the display shows error 18 and then shows error 19. 18=no movement seen, 19=increasing following error. I remember trying something with the following error years ago but cannot remember. Anyway, I cannot get the servos to stay on very long for measurements and adjustments unless the scale cables are unplugged. Also, I am ashamed to note that me and my father also turned some of the other pots on servo card that had glue on them... I tried to put them back exactly but I think they're off. So I'm now looking for advice to adjust all 6 pots back to working setting if possible. Otherwise, what's the secret to servo cabinet signal and balance pots? Is the balance pot in the console on black tabbed card to be adjusted?

Thanks for any help that y'all may have
    --Vince