Need Help! Heidenhain vs Fanuc controllers

Thread: Heidenhain vs Fanuc controllers

Downloads
    Uploads

Question Heidenhain vs Fanuc controllers

Hi all! In the process of getting another cnc lathe. I now have a Fanuc controlled Colchester storm lathe and am looking at a DMG lathe with a Heidenhain controller.
    Never seen one before and don't really want to go through the learning curve, but it has a Y axis and in my price range.
    So how hard is it to use? I have a ton of parts already programed for my Fanuc. Do I have to re invent everything all over?

Thanks for your input people.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Heidenhain vs Fanuc controllers

Hi
    I cannot use the heidenhain control as used to Fanuc but sure they are good
    There are convertor programs you could use however sure it will be close but will require modification as the Storm is assumably in Fanuc B as this was standard

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello mbservice and thank you for your response.
    I now have the Fanuc 21-iT controller that I use plain text for code but it will also do iso. Never heard of Fanuc B before.
    The more I look at these two machines. The more I am liking the DMG GILDEMEISTER CTX 310 V6 vs the Kia.SKT-15LMS. The DMG looks to be more rigid of a machine, has a Y axis and seems to be able to have the live tooling on both the main and sub spindle sides. Nice strong German machine.The Kia lacks a Y and live tooling can only be on the main spindle. but has a parts catcher and a FanucOi-TC controller. Are there big differences between the iT and the TC??
    Any opinions are wanted before I make the big move.
    Thanks again!

Downloads
    Uploads

Id go for the DMG seen them running and awesome bit of kit I just dont like the control
    Not alot of difference between the it and TC control just newer and different M codes for parts catcher etc
    Have fun

Quote Originally Posted by Nastyzen View Post
    Hello mbservice and thank you for your response.
    I now have the Fanuc 21-iT controller that I use plain text for code but it will also do iso. Never heard of Fanuc B before.
    The more I look at these two machines. The more I am liking the DMG GILDEMEISTER CTX 310 V6 vs the Kia.SKT-15LMS. The DMG looks to be more rigid of a machine, has a Y axis and seems to be able to have the live tooling on both the main and sub spindle sides. Nice strong German machine.The Kia lacks a Y and live tooling can only be on the main spindle. but has a parts catcher and a FanucOi-TC controller. Are there big differences between the iT and the TC??
    Any opinions are wanted before I make the big move.
    Thanks again!