Need Help! Problem with circular interpolation on DDCSV1.1 controller

Thread: Problem with circular interpolation on DDCSV1.1 controller

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Problem with circular interpolation on DDCSV1.1 controller

I have a problem with circular interpolation on the DDCSV1.1 controller. The problem shows up with any firmware, but at the moment I'm running latest Pandora-CNC.

The problem is that my machine has different steps/mm settings for X and Y axis. This seem to confuse the controller specifically on circular interpolation commands (M2/M3). The resulting arcs end up squished in exact proportion of the steps/mm settings.

Linear movements are fine and I know it is not due to steps skipping, since the issue can be seen even if no motor drivers attached to the controller. The display of the controller is enough to see the issue. Here is a simple G code:
    Code:
    F500
    G17 G21 G90 G94 G54
    G1 X100.0000  Y70.0000
    G17 G3 X140 Y110 R40
    M30
    I expect this code to move to (100, 70) and cut a circular arc with radius 40 to (140, 110). In reality the arc ends up at (140, 103). So the X coordinate is fine, bu the Y is off the expected value.

Steps/mm on the X axis is 528 and Steps/mm on the Y axis is 630. The ratio is 0.825. And the ratio of (103-70)/40 = 0.825. I also tried other steps/mm settings just to confirm this behavior.

I'm new to CNC and may be missing something obvious, but I did quite a bit of research and it does look like a genuine bug in the controller. But A lot of people use it, and I can't find any references to this problem.

I'm aware of the thread on the MadModder forum about this controller, but their registration process required a moderator approval, and it takes a while now.

Has anyone here experienced this problem? Can you confirm the behavior if you own the controller?