Downloads
    Uploads

Default Updating my controller... finally

Here's what I'm looking to accomplish

Current setup:
    Vertical Knee Mill
    NASAII iron
    Anilam 1100 controller
    Controller and servo motors are working fine, but I'm limited on my capability due to the PC that the software is loaded on. For example, if I use my CAM package to write the G code, I have to transfer to the machine on a floppy disk.

What I would like to do is update the PC side only and reuse the existing motors. As usual for a hobbyist, cost is of concern, but I'm not trying to do this on a shoestring, just don't want to spend more than I paid for the machine. I was looking at LinuxCNC, since I have a good deal of experience with Linux. Plus, it's open source.

If anyone has undertaking such an endeavor, I would appreciate your feedback.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Updating my controller... finally

Your best bet would be to use MESA products. Compatible with LinuxCNC and your drives. Lots of online support resources.

Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I checked out their website. The prices seem quite reasonable. I guess now I have to tear into the existing controller to see what I need to buy for the new one.

I am also looking into the Acorn CNC controller package from Centurion. I feel they are marketed toward the DIY crowd, but their $299 package includes some basic software.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Fegenbush View Post
    I checked out their website. The prices seem quite reasonable. I guess now I have to tear into the existing controller to see what I need to buy for the new one.

I am also looking into the Acorn CNC controller package from Centurion. I feel they are marketed toward the DIY crowd, but their $299 package includes some basic software.
    Take a look at UCCNC too. It is a very nice and customisable software package with ethernet controllers: CNCdrive - motion controls