Looks good.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Advice on control change for XHC based large CNC router

I’m calling this conversion done for now. When CNC12 v4.12 comes out I’ll get the gantry squaring working. The parts arrived for my chip (plastic and aluminum) blower arrived, so I’ll add that soon and wire the solenoid valve to an output via an interposing relay. My thought process is if the solenoid inductive kick takes out a relay, if rather it be an external relay. I wish I had the drive fault outputs working.. not sure what the deal is there. The Centroid control is a dream compared to Mach3 on the unreliable import motion comptroller.

I reinstalled some of the original wire gutter to clean things up a little. I picked up a new labeler that will print the shrink sleeve labels. It works great.

Control cabinet after:

Operator station:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Advice on control change for XHC based large CNC router

I’ve planned on sorting out a touch probe on the cnc router since I installed the Centroid Acorn control. It has a probe detect feature that locks out the spindle when the probe is in use to prevent damage to the probe. Because it’s going on the router when I found out about a wireless option I knew that’s what I wanted. I bought Cliff Hall’s really well made ITTP (impact tolerant touch probe) and XoomSpeed’s wireless conversion. Both items are truly impressive.

I drew up a terminal box to mount my probe detect manual pushbutton next to the spindle and printed it on the 3d printer.

Today I got it all wired up and working. There’s an additional probe receptacle on the box in case I ever want to use a wired probe.

First order of business was getting concentricity dialed in. I got it to a few tenths. As good as it got today.

Then run a bore probing cycle on a known bore size and see how things look. I am really happy with the probe and the wireless conversion. I'm excited to add this to the control. Lots to learn!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12