Need Help! Amada aries 222 with amadan O3P controller

Thread: Amada aries 222 with amadan O3P controller

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Amada aries 222 with amadan O3P controller

Hi everyone,

I have an Amada Aries 222 with an Amadan O3P controller. The other day in the middle of a job it shut itself down, didn't throw an alarm or anything, just powered down the controller.
    Now when i power up the machine it just lights up every button on the controller panel and has a cursor blinking on the screen and that's as far as it gets. Just wondering if anyone has had this problem or might know where to start looking. I have checked all the boards for component failure and cant see anything obvious. Would greatly appreciate any assistance.

Peter

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Amada aries 222 with amadan O3P controller

hi ,
    you mean to say the system is not booting ?

check the control power supply is reaching the controller cards properly ? you must be having the Electrical Ckt. right ?
    check the power supply lines shown in the dwg. and the related power is reaching the destination.

may be some fuse is blown in between.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Pitre View Post
    hi ,
    you mean to say the system is not booting ?

check the control power supply is reaching the controller cards properly ? you must be having the Electrical Ckt. right ?
    check the power supply lines shown in the dwg. and the related power is reaching the destination.

may be some fuse is blown in between.
    Hi Pitre,

I have checked all the outputs of the power supply and they seem ok except the "control" pins, i can't find an output on that but I'm not sure if there is supposed to be either.

The only other lead i can give is that the PLC card at the top of the controller has a couple of sets of leds (for x and y) one has "initial" next to it, the other has "servo ready".
    the initial led stays lit, i assume if the machine started up properly it would progress to lighting up the "servo ready" led. not sure though if this is a cause or effect.

again gents, any help would be greatly appreciated.

regards,

Peter

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,
    please check the LEDs on the mode selector section on the controller.
    let me know which LED's are lit or flashing on the section mentioned in attach.
    Amada aries 222 with amadan O3P controller-aries_222_03p-jpg

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,
    please check the LEDs on the mode selector section on the controller.
    let me know which LED's are lit or flashing on the section mentioned in attach.
    Amada aries 222 with amadan O3P controller-aries_222_03p-jpg
    Hi,

all these LEDs stay light, along with all the other leds on the control panel.

Downloads
    Uploads

OK,

it means the initial diagnosis sequence is not getting performed. that's why the controller remains in the ' HUNG ' state.
    you mentioned earlier that the machine went off while in running condition, it means that the power supply is supposed to be in suspect.

" Control Pins " means what exactly you meant to say......can you take a picture of the same where you found the anomaly...? the power supply is supposed to give output in +5 , +12 , -12 v etc.

did you get the desired voltage at the output of each PS output point...? with reference to the Electric schematic....?

second suspect is the DPR card.....which checks the functioning of Servo system......while booting....!

let me have the exact Ckt. Diagram for your machine and the picture of power supply...

thanks.

Downloads
    Uploads

OK,

it means the initial diagnosis sequence is not getting performed. that's why the controller remains in the ' HUNG ' state.
    you mentioned earlier that the machine went off while in running condition, it means that the power supply is supposed to be in suspect.

" Control Pins " means what exactly you meant to say......can you take a picture of the same where you found the anomaly...? the power supply is supposed to give output in +5 , +12 , -12 v etc.

did you get the desired voltage at the output of each PS output point...? with reference to the Electric schematic....?

second suspect is the DPR card.....which checks the functioning of Servo system......while booting....!

let me have the exact Ckt. Diagram for your machine and the picture of power supply...

thanks.
    Hi Pitre,

Yes i did get the desired voltage levels and polarities at each point. i have attached a picture of the power supply. i don't have a schematic for the machine. it is a 1989 amada aries 222 with a pneumatic clutch and an amadan 03P controller Amada aries 222 with amadan O3P controller-img_2286-jpgAmada aries 222 with amadan O3P controller-img_2286-jpg

Downloads
    Uploads

well actually i could not find where it outputs +15 or -15 volts.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello all of you,

I am working on ARIES AMADA 222. Few days ago the Y-Axis of my machine is suddenly fast and show the NC alarm (522,530,531,532)

And when i reset my machine the Y-axis slowly moves automatically without any pressing of button and when i press the JOG button in retract mode the X-Axis properly works but Y-Axis fast suddenly and stop and NC alarm shows 427 error.

Now another day i'll start this....and there is no movement in X and Y axis automatically as well as by JOG button....But when i move the axis by my hand the NC alarm shows..

Anybody can help me ??

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by hari000 View Post
    Hello all of you,

I am working on ARIES AMADA 222. Few days ago the Y-Axis of my machine is suddenly fast and show the NC alarm (522,530,531,532)

And when i reset my machine the Y-axis slowly moves automatically without any pressing of button and when i press the JOG button in retract mode the X-Axis properly works but Y-Axis fast suddenly and stop and NC alarm shows 427 error.

Now another day i'll start this....and there is no movement in X and Y axis automatically as well as by JOG button....But when i move the axis by my hand the NC alarm shows..

Anybody can help me ??
    Hi Hari000,

It seems that X & Y Axis Cards or Encoder has problem.

contact me on parag.pitre@gmail.com

thanks.

Downloads
    Uploads

Similar issue, at power on, x and y axis "jump" in minus direction, then alarm 530, 531, 532 and sometimes 426 and/or 427 pop up. Even with the stop switch activated or the tool change switch to on or wathever condition that normally cannot permit axis movment.

I Doubt that it can be caused by encoder, cause the problem appears on both axis at the same time. PCL module maybe??? But how can i be sure?

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Everyone,

I am about to get back into fault finding this issue, does anyone have any suggestions where i might start? i have a second machine, we have swapped all the control cards (with matching card numbers) one at a time from the faulty machine to the "new" working machine and had no issues. Could it be something not reporting back to the controller and therefor not progressing through start up?

Downloads
    Uploads

Same problem, control hung on not ready, LED of manual, auto and single mode are lit, cheked the main power supply, all voltage are good, checked the servo amp power suplpy, seems good. Reset led on both axis on the servo amp bord are flashing 4-5 time at start up.

Downloads
    Uploads

Dear Peter, did you fis the problem with your Amadan O3P controller ? How did you fix the problem ?
    Would greatly appreciate any assistance.
    Franck.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by AMARIES View Post
    Dear Peter, did you fis the problem with your Amadan O3P controller ? How did you fix the problem ?
    Franck.
    Hi
    What is your problem? Send me with details on norin1373@yahoo.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by AMARIES View Post
    Franck.
    Dear Mr.Franck
    I had received your email notification but the email just disappeared from my phone, please resend it.
    Tnx