HAAS Ethernet connection

Thread: HAAS Ethernet connection

Downloads
    Uploads

Default HAAS Ethernet connection

Hi all. Looking for some help on connecting a Haas mill over Ethernet. I know zilch about machining/CNC, but have been asked to try and connect a marking machine to a Haas mill. We’ve got the addressing sorted out, but the problem APPEARS to be that the Haas requires a username/password as though logging onto a PC/domain, whereas the marking system is just a straight TCP/IP address and port connection. The Haas will Dorint to a PC, but we can’t get a simple connection to the marker. Anyone got any (detailed) hints?
    Thanks very much in advance. Foggers

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: HAAS Ethernet connection

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: HAAS Ethernet connection

Hi Machineshop5. Apologies for not thanking you sooner. I've been off on a couple of other projects. Thanks for that link. While it fundamentally follows what has been found already, it did identify that the Haas can be logged onto as server, rather than the Haas doing the client connection. As a result of that, I think it will also accept a Telnet connection, which is getting even nearer to what we need.

I'll continue digging.

Cheers
    Foggers