outdoor plastic material help!

Thread: outdoor plastic material help!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default outdoor plastic material help!

Hey there was wondering you everyone could help me out here looking for material. I am a woodworker looking to expand my line of work.
    I would like to take cabinetmaking outdoors. I wanna fine a product such as plastic that will last for ever in canada with little to no maitenance. I have no idea what I should be looking for.

I have found some the thing I don't like about them is they come in basic colours. Is there a way to coat the plastic sheets or once I make the doors and cabinets coat or cover them with somekinda film, sheet ect?
    Any help to point me into the direction would be great I am kinda lost for what I wanna do here thanks so much
    HUTCH

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: outdoor plastic material help!

You want "marine board."

Take some pieces to a hydrographic shop and test the graphics they use. You can screen print some plastics. Try acrylic based paints.

https://www.interstateplastics.com/k...rine-board.php

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: outdoor plastic material help!

Quote Originally Posted by jdhutch82 View Post
    Hey there was wondering you everyone could help me out here looking for material. I am a woodworker looking to expand my line of work.
    I would like to take cabinetmaking outdoors. I wanna fine a product such as plastic that will last for ever in canada with little to no maitenance. I have no idea what I should be looking for.

I have found some the thing I don't like about them is they come in basic colours. Is there a way to coat the plastic sheets or once I make the doors and cabinets coat or cover them with somekinda film, sheet ect?
    Any help to point me into the direction would be great I am kinda lost for what I wanna do here thanks so much
    HUTCH
    Take a look at ekoply, That stuff is quite attractive and being recycled is always a good selling point. Might not be able to source brand where you are but there may be some similar stuff there.

That company also do a 100% waterproof fiber board thats pretty interesting.