Thread: Buyer Warning --Marchant Dice

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Exclamation Buyer Warning --Marchant Dice

Take caution with any dealings with

Marchant Dice
    http://www.worldofcnc.com/

I ordered components from him in December which has not arrived. He has not answered any of my emails since he received my payment.

I warn anyone to think carefully about dealing with him.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Shipping

If we had received an email we would have replied? we can also be contacted by phone / fax or the web portals?
    Anyway now we have been informed, we can ship replacement goods or refund...

As for the buyer warning, please check our eBay feedback

All goods that require courier shipping, customers receive the tracking number by email....
    Small items sent by Airmail, this is difficult to prove that we have sent the goods, but we can scan the proof of posting?

Also note: there are 2 sides to every story, how can we proove that you have not received the goods?

Quote Originally Posted by PRC View Post
    Take caution with any dealings with

Marchant Dice
    http://www.worldofcnc.com/

I ordered components from him in December which has not arrived. He has not answered any of my emails since he received my payment.

I warn anyone to think carefully about dealing with him.

Last edited by marchantdice; 05-13-2009 at 03:02 AM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Refund or Ship replacements

Yesterday we replied to this post and send emails...Please advise Ship or Refund!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ive tried that too, tons of emails without any answer. I ended up writing that i would have the bank withdraw the transfer to his web admin which i had gotten a email from long time ago (some family member). Suddenly he replied with some crap about that he had never got my mails and that he had written me several mails. Funny thing is that this has happend twice.

On another funny note, i wrote him a mail from another gmail account under another name asking him for some buying advice and suddenly there were no problems at all responding

Anyway both times I got my goods and they are supreme quality, so my advice is to only use his ebay shop, then at least you have the possibility to file a paypal disbute if you are so lucky to experience his total lack of service...

If you want another "Marchant Dice is not responding to emails" story, take a look at http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showth...=62710&page=15 , such a shame since his products a such nice quality

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have talked with my guys....as some of our customers are "home users" we think that these customers have a virus that they are unaware of....this virus is uses the customer email address to send spam....our system detects this and destroys the emails....when you use a new email address then we receive the email, no problem!

Many thanks for the note regarding "SUPREME QUALITY" we only supply quality components with guarantees!

Last edited by marchantdice; 05-13-2009 at 04:33 AM. Reason: added info

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello every one

I am in France

same for me , bought directly ballscrews and leads through web site, no news received, no answer to mail ....

so I contacted them through Ebay, and after no problem, answers and goods received in short delay

my advice : go through Ebay ;-)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default email - spam

Again, I have talked with my guys....as some of our customers are "home users" we think that these customers have a virus that they are unaware of....this virus is uses the customer email address to send spam....our system detects this and destroys the emails....when you use a new email address then we receive the email, no problem!

Many thanks for the note regarding "SUPREME QUALITY" we only supply quality components with guarantees!
    Quote Originally Posted by manurc View Post
    Hello every one

I am in France

same for me , bought directly ballscrews and leads through web site, no news received, no answer to mail ....

so I contacted them through Ebay, and after no problem, answers and goods received in short delay

my advice : go through Ebay ;-)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Haha, hilarious comment... Nothing better when somebody tries to blame you as the customer for having done something wrong to cover up their own crappy service.

First of all, this is a gmail, not some outlook thingy mail. Im not a 50-year-old barely-knows-how-a-computer-works guy. Second, we communicated via this mail before and after the looooong periode of silence. Third, i never gotten any of the emails you had supposely sent (and NO, they did not end up in my junk mail).

Sorry for sounding a bit harsh, but that is the lamest excuse ive heard in a long long time. Instead of making excuses for a obvious problem, try to rethink the way you treat your website customers. For exsample, set up some service goals like:

Max 1h after order is placed a confirmation mail is sent
    When customers write, have it automatically reply with a ticket
    Respond to custom emails withing 24h

I will probably do business with you again, so i hope by then you have fixed your problems, both technical and regarding your service level

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Spam

You have missed the point...

It is the customers email address that becomes SPAM and ends up in our Junk ..

Anyway we will take all comments onboard and see how we can improve...
    it would be a waste not to keep selling top quality items....

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Read my points again, i used the excact same mail to communicate with you both before and after you didnt felt like answering.

Anyway glad you are taking this into consideration, I only find it funny you havent bother the times i pointed it out when ive done business with you. Back then it was also only excuses

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I would prefer a refund and have emailed you as well as this post.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi all,

I gave up on Mr Marchantdice a long time ago because of poor service and his prices aren’t great either.

I now buy my slides, ball screws and electronics from Zap Automation http://www.slidesandballscrews.com/ or http://www.motioncontrolproducts.co.uk/

Kress spindle from http://www.cnc-plus.de/index.php?cat...cessories.html

Trapezoidal screws from http://www.ondrives.com/products.asp?subcatid=72 .

My advice is to shop around for better prices and customer care.

Regards,
    John

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Refund

Dear Peter, no problem with the refund, we have not received and email? outher than from a similar address???

I must say you have provoked great interest in our web shop as we had over 400 more hits than average.....

We have take all the critism onboard, and as a result we have split the business and rented an addition factory unit + employees....

Quote Originally Posted by PRC View Post
    I would prefer a refund and have emailed you as well as this post.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Ballscrews, Kress and Trapezoidal

Firstly I would like to point out that unlike distributors, we use all our components in our CNC builds and machines, this gives us an edge when selling as we have first hand knowledge....and are very happy to help!

Ballscrews, we only sell ballscrews that have full material and process tracability (not Chinese) because of this our core customers are Industrial..this also means the "home user can buy with confidense"

Kress: we have resolved all issues here as we are now the UK distributor for the Kress milling grinding spindles with stock and spares.

Trapezoidal: Again we have full tracability, all in stock, shipping next day...
    Pricing: I've just checked we are more competative on price...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by marchantdice View Post

Ballscrews, we only sell ballscrews that have full material and process tracability (not Chinese) because of this our core customers are Industrial..this also means the "home user can buy with confidense".
    Interesting

Could you elaborate, I am always happy to spend a bit more for a higher quality product? What advantage do I get buying ball screws from you rather than say Zap automation?

Do you stock any goods sourced from China? I avoid Chinese products where ever possible

John

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Oldmanandhistoy View Post
    I avoid Chinese products where ever possible

John
    That must limit your spending quite a bit.

Yeah, I hark back to a time when it was rare when checking the origin not to see a 'Made In England' label.
    Al.

CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Ballscrew certification

Our ballscrews are manufactured to JIS Standards, the whole process is controlled to BSI standards, from material purchase. For example having received you ballscrews and there is a problem we can work back and rectify your issue and also preven a repeat issue for another customer....We even know where the raw material was produced and its melt....the melt certificate is available.

We have tried using Chinese ballscrew product in our builds, we found they were too hard and destroyed the balls after extended use, this is "possibly OK, based on price" for the home user who is using the machine once or twice a week but for industrial assemblies running 24/7/365 the customer will only buy once!

Should a genuine warranty issue arrise we can replace the assemblies! no quibble...

We offer a full range and style of assemblies, from 6x1 to 24x56 upto 80x10

Quote Originally Posted by Oldmanandhistoy View Post
    Interesting

Could you elaborate, I am always happy to spend a bit more for a higher quality product? What advantage do I get buying ball screws from you rather than say Zap automation?

Do you stock any goods sourced from China? I avoid Chinese products where ever possible

John

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Al_The_Man View Post
    That must limit your spending quite a bit.

Yeah, I hark back to a time when it was rare when checking the origin not to see a 'Made In England' label.
    Al.
    The opportunities are becoming very rare, so too often I have no choice.

John

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the explanation; does the same apply to all other products you stock?

John

Quote Originally Posted by marchantdice View Post
    Our ballscrews are manufactured to JIS Standards, the whole process is controlled to BSI standards, from material purchase. For example having received you ballscrews and there is a problem we can work back and rectify your issue and also preven a repeat issue for another customer....We even know where the raw material was produced and its melt....the melt certificate is available.

We have tried using Chinese ballscrew product in our builds, we found they were too hard and destroyed the balls after extended use, this is "possibly OK, based on price" for the home user who is using the machine once or twice a week but for industrial assemblies running 24/7/365 the customer will only buy once!

Should a genuine warranty issue arrise we can replace the assemblies! no quibble...

We offer a full range and style of assemblies, from 6x1 to 24x56 upto 80x10

Downloads
    Uploads

There was a guy on ebay that used to bring in HiWin Ballscrews from Korea.
    I bought a few and was quite impressed with the quality, When it came to turning the ends down, ceramic tooling was needed as they were hardened right through.
    These were not rolled, but resembled precision ground.
    I have never heard of a precision ball screw being too hard? They are generally case hardened anyway?
    Al.

CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast