Buyer Warning --Marchant Dice - Page 4

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Buyer Warning --Marchant Dice

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am a lawyer, and I must reiterate the negative feedback on this thread.

I ordered 7 thousand pounds worth of kit from Marchant Dice, and six months later I have received nothing except a string of promises that are never fulfilled.

I am highly suspicious of the defensive feedback on this thread, and suspect that Kevin has his family posting supportive comments in order to muddy the water.

In my view, there are just too many people saying the same thing. They take your money, and then do not deliver the products for months on end. When this sort of conduct becomes commonplace, as it appears to have done, the situation borders on being an internet scam.

Consider this: Kevin knows I am a hobby user. I live in a foreign country. I believe he has estimated my legal remedies. If I just gave up on this order, Kevin would keep my money.

Are they playing a numbers game, where they wait and see who will really fight to get their money back?

The situation is not yet proven one way or the other, but I advise everyone to be extremely cautious when dealing with this firm.

I will make enquires with the local constabulary and courts, to ascertain the local reputation of these people, and whether complaints of fraud exist on the public record.

If there is a pattern of deliberate internet based fraud, it is likely that all the people who have been defrauded will be asked to give evidence.

While it is, regrettably, far too easy to launch internet scams, it is not impossible, under UK law, to have them shut down.

Watch this space, and please contact me if you wish to submit evidence of misconduct and breach of contract towards a class action law suit.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Further to my last, all of the positive comments on this thread were registered with an email address.

A court order for discovery would allow those users to be contacted, to verify their authenticity.

If it could be proven that such users were not authentic, it follows that the comments were made dishonestly, for the purpose of perpetuating a series of frauds.

I hope Kevin reads this, and can see where it is going.

It is one thing to tell lies and take money from the safety of your office. Accounting for it in front of a judge in session, in the face of hostile and competent cross examination, is an entirely different proposition.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by tobystewart View Post
    Further to my last, all of the positive comments on this thread were registered with an email address.

A court order for discovery would allow those users to be contacted, to verify their authenticity.

If it could be proven that such users were not authentic, it follows that the comments were made dishonestly, for the purpose of perpetuating a series of frauds.

I hope Kevin reads this, and can see where it is going.

It is one thing to tell lies and take money from the safety of your office. Accounting for it in front of a judge in session, in the face of hostile and competent cross examination, is an entirely different proposition.

I have no problem standing or sitting in front of a judge & stating my dealing with Marchantdice was legal, furthermore my feedback was & still is honest feedback, maybe Marchantdice has got into financial trouble since this I cannot verify.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am not a fake user or so...
    Here is my blog
    shauttra: CNC fr?z??ana
    , and there you can see my plywood cnc built from merchantdice products. It is my first cnc, now i am building another one, but more serious - hiwin rails and ballscrews on metal frame. I did not order now products from merchantdice, because i did not like the price.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am in a position now to qualify my earlier suspicions and unhappiness at the service failures I peceived from the gentlemen at Marchant Dice.

I negotiated with Kevin in a spirited manner, and found him to be intelligent, polite and perceptive. He made no issue of returning my earlier payment upon demand, doing so promptly and in full.

Kevin claimed that his service failures were due to business complications, and I was pleased to note that he did not offer detailed excuses. Rather, he negotiated a deal to clear his business's name and reputation. I am a fairly experienced and robust negotiator, and I held Kevin to pretty onerous terms. I wasn't in a good mood, as my earlier posts probably show.

I asked Kevin to deliver the machine I had ordered to me in Switzerland, and to wait for payment until after delivery. That was my "tale it or leave it" offer. I felt he had breached trust, and needed to show trust in me, to make us all square.

To my surprise, for I did not know Kevin's character at this time, he took me up on the deal, without fuss or further negotiation.

James, his son, co-ordinated the delivery and set up. Kevin came along unannounced, and so we met, and had a chance to discuss various topics.

They set up the table and machine in a highly professional manner. I would not have liked to do this job myself, for the first time, from plans, and I must recommend that anyone who buys a large scale Marchant dice is well served (indeed) if they can get James or Kevin, or their folks, to set it up for them. It is not that the machine is too complex. The fact is that CNC machines, or any machine, has to be set up in a precise and skilled manner, if the inherent accuracy of the machine is to be realized. These guys know this machine, and in a few hours they will have it sitting true and achieving high accuracy. It is surely a little money well spent, if they are available to do it for you.

In any case, the facts are that the machine is very good indeed, and the commitment to service from Kevin is exceptional, and highly commendable. Many folk talk about acting to redeem and preserve their reputation. I can attest that Kevin actually did things to prove his commitment to customer service, under very onerous terms, and without complaint.

I wouldn't say we had great laughs and became great friends. I'm not a particularly cuddly person, and both Kevin and James seem to me to be principled business men. Nevertheless, it is a fact that both these men have demonstrated their integrity and their work ethic to me, and if my opinion is worth anything, they are highly trustworthy and diligent businessmen. I recommend their service, and integrity, unreservedly.

With respect to their machine, I am no expert on such things, however I am very pleased. It seems to me to be exceptional value for money, and is a good deal more substantial than the pictures on the website make out. The build quality shows attention to detail. There were three separate things on the machine which had been updated and improved since I ordered it. The gear had been recessed in the frame, which is cosmetic and protects it from dust (Kevin wouldn't tell me how it is done: trade secret). The spindle inverter had also been upgraded, and so had the Z axis frame.

These small and frequent improvements do not come to a product by accident. I think they are evidence that the design team care about the product they are making, and spend time thinking about how it functions, and how it can be even better.

I will continue to do business with Kevin and his firm, and I am grateful for his professional conduct and forgiving personality.

Allow Kein didn't prattle on about details, I suspect that he is experiencing the routine horrors of running a successful family business. He hasn't got the vast resources of a big corporation, and so his own success can create a pressing schedule. Understanding that better now, I would urge anyone who is experiencing difficulties to remain assured that both Kevin and James are capable and concerned about their welfare. In time, one or both of these guys will listen to you, and they will sort out the issues. They are the real deal, but they also are very busy working men, building a family enterprise. That is worth some patience.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I bought the goods from Marchant Dice in online store(2013.08.19) (((( 45 days have passed and I have not received the goods!!! Payment through Sagepay. Ask why we no longer have this service! For 40 days did not return the money(£1600)!!! I did so: 1)asked to VISA, 2) opened the case in ECC-NET, they will have more of big problem Marchant Dice!!!!! 3)The lawyer will go to court demanding the return of money and a complete ban of trade on the internet! Marchant Dice broke all my rights!!!!
    If you think I'm lying! ask and I will give all the correspondence with the Marchant Dice Ltd, Sagepay, VISA, ECC-NET and other.
    Marchan Dice Ltd does not respond to the letter, lying and not cultural seller!
    My advice - find another store

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Exclamation Re: Ordered from Marchantdice

WARNING
    DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH MARCHANT DICE / WORLD OF CNC
    - YOU WILL REGRET IT!!!!!!

Kevin at Marchant Dice sold me a fundamentally faulty and unsafe CNC machine.

It broke down numerous times due to install error by himself and his son.

He then effectively stole it back off me by not paying me the full agreed price for return only to sell it on again to another unlucky punter.

He has strung me along for months with promise after promise regarding payment.

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY!!!!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Ordered from Marchantdice

Quote Originally Posted by SRS_IsleofWight View Post
    WARNING

He then effectively stole it back off me by not paying me the full agreed price for return only to sell it on again to another unlucky punter.

Similar experience. I had to hound them for missing parts on the first order. Then no delivery on the last order which was paid. Emailed directly to Kevin and main email address at Marchant Dice. Non responsive to repeated emails and phone calls. New company name they are trying Bionica Systems. Steer well clear!

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by SRS_IsleofWight View Post
    WARNING

Hi there, I just wondered what the fundamental faults were? I am interested as I may be the unlucky punter you referred to in your post. I purchased a 8x4 cnc machine second hand from Marchant Dice back in June 2014.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234