Hurricane Lasers - Buyer Beware! Horrible experience with John Kaspar. October 2013 - Page 9

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Hurricane Lasers - Buyer Beware! Horrible experience with John Kaspar. October 2013

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes I got the same email, Seems like maybe there trying to screw everybody, offer great deals get the money then nobody gets what they paid for. Can't trust them to deliver.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Gene, in the mean time if you still need a machine to get you up and runnin give me a call.
    I realize your capital is tied up as well. Maybe we can help out.

Mike

http://www.bosslaser.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Exclamation

The saga continues: http://www.cnczone.com/forums/genera...community.html

It's good to know that other laser companies are stepping up the plate and doing the right thing while Hurricane continues to harm its own reputation.....

Gene S.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

in case someone finds this thread and decides to read all of it. Here's (probably) the last update for all those that have followed this adventure (cross posted in another thread too):

$13,324 that he stole from me has not been refunded, not even the $10,000 that he "agreed" to. Even as recently as last month he LIED AGAIN about returning my money and he DID NOT! I sent him a PDF of the certified letter we sent in November and he even called to say he's looking forward to "putting this behind us." What a piece of $hit. It was just a delay tactic to keep stealing more from others.

If anyone is curious about why HurricaneLasers.com points to 302 Found, it might have had something to do with the judgement against him for $2,7000,000!

Last week, what was HurricaneLasers.com became www.world~lasers.com, with no mention as to why? My guess? To continue to rip people off before he goes under.

I no longer say "BUYER BEWARE!" I say that JOHN KASPAR IS A THIEF AND A LIAR!

Company Representative
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Hurricane Lasers - Buyer Beware! Horrible experience with John Kaspar. October 20

I doubt he's a liar... He says its a 100% USA based company (LOL) I guess USA is now part of the CHINA. Your big mistake was ording that mass produced china crap in a custom color. Even if you had got the machine, tech support and service would have been NON EXISTANT. LIve and learn... don't buy Chinese crap !

Hurricane Lasers - Buyer Beware! Horrible experience with John Kaspar. October 2013-usa01-jpg

Manufacturer of CNC routers and Viper Servo Drives
    www.LarkenCNC.com and www.Viperservo.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Hurricane Lasers - Buyer Beware! Horrible experience with John Kaspar. October 20

Hey Gene,

Any chance you can get the President to help us out??? ;-)

-Nate

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Nate,

Like everyone in Washington, I too have an agenda if we get to chat.

Mine is to bring back hands-on skills and help solve the skills gap. Nothing major.

Gene S.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I know.
    It was kind of a joke.
    What you're doing is awesome and I wish you luck!
    -Nate

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I knew. But if I run into any secret service guys headed to Vegas, I'll ask them to maybe pay him a visit!

Gene S.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

You're the man!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

This whole thread is enlightening, but anyone in business knows that the OP should have taken the damn machine. Complaining about the missed delivery date is fine, but refusing delivery of something you prepaid $1000's for???? So stupid I can only assume the OP is new to business.

Yeah, he dealt with the wrong guys, at the wrong time, and the service was terrible but still just because someone gives you a gun and points it at your feet and then dares you to pull the trigger doesn't mean that you didn't shoot yourself in the foot. My own laser buying experience was at least as trying (no working machine on 1 of 2 bought for 6+months, thousands spent on trying to get things right and never really having success. But I didn't start accusing anyone of cheating me or anything, just **** happens with complicated machines coming from overseas and it happened to me a number of times in a row. Would I buy from them again? No, but I sure as hell wouldn't ship the machine back and hope I got a refund either.

Also, following some of the links above. World-lasers.com seems to be MIA, and worldlasers.com is, I think, another outfit (I think associated with the guys at camwood/exfactory as I recall seeing world laser on their listings), FYI

Sorry for the lack of empathy but after reading most of this thread, I thought it needed a little reality added to it. Not defending Hurricane, Not trying to pile on the OP, but I am trying to point out to anyone reading this far that you don't try to return something that's a) traveled half way around the world and b) bought from someone without a great history and reputation and C) unless you have a REALLY good reason for trying to return it. That is as true for a Chinese sourced laser as it is for any but the best US based company. Also, putting up nearly all the money upfront when you are buying relatively locally is a big red flag. Even the chinese companies will let you pay the last 50% just before it leaves their door and send you photos of your machine first.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hey Gene,

I am very sorry for your experience, I am only in a fraction of the trouble you went through, but John Kasper is at it again, his new alias is Laser-depot-usa.com and he pretty much did the same thing to me.
    He agreed to provide a product at a price and a delivery date, then didn't respond once I became concerned, then didn't respond until I filed a paypal dispute, of course he talked his way out of refunding me, only to find that he was just shining me on to relinquish the paypal hold, I deeply regret closing the dispute. Of course he didn't make delivery date he promised, just some stories, now he refuses to refund my money.

So those that find this forum, can note that John Kasper has relocated, obviously something you only do when you are trying to shed a bad reputation, otherwise if you really had great customer service, you wouldn't want to change your name and brand over and over. hopefully my long standing relationship with my credit card provider can save my money.

so again,
    Buyers Beware, John Kasper is now at Laser Depot USA, aka laserdepotusa.com, aka Home page

I guess its unfortunate that he touts american service, but really isn't doing it justice. what happened to holding up to your word, offering and meeting that agreement, and just don't make promises you can't keep.

I have a chain of emails, not really going to post them unless they are requested. Just know that he is a talker, but once you pay, its just a gamble I won't make again.

those that were curious, it was a purchase of a PURI PRH-1800 160W laser Tube with a set of Meller Optics, had talked me into a great sounding deal, $1500 out the door, but I guess it was too good to be true.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast