Prussiani Champion 5 and WCam2K

Thread: Prussiani Champion 5 and WCam2K

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Prussiani Champion 5 and WCam2K

Hello there,
    I would like to know if someone out there has experience with "Prussiani Champion 5" (Cut and Move) and the CAD program "WCam2K" (v 6.3.0.248).
    Our company purchased one about one month ago and so far for one week after the mechanic left everything seemed fine. But before there were some things I wondered about.
    First I have to say I never worked on a completely new machine before. I was always intoduced to machines and CAD program by co-workers who worked on them for quite a while. One thing I learned is that every machine is different but it shouldn't take you more than a month to get pretty good aquainted to program and machine.
    In this case we were supposed to be instructed by the mechanic.
    Another thing before. Our company is in Austria so we got a mechanic directly from the factory in Bergamo.
    I also helped to build up the machine...(?)
    First of all we were told (and it said so in the contract) that the introduction to the system would be in German... Was not
    So far for me no problem I speak English quiet well and understand also quiet a bit Italian.
    So they send us a translator from Germany. Problem was that until the mechanic explained her the technical side of what he was telling us, I already understood what it was about in Italian...
    This was eating up a lot of time.
    Also the fact that the "test-run" was held more or less during our instruction, meaning, as soon as there was something not working as it should or parameters to be adjusted, we were waiting for quite a while to continue.
    And so on...
    Fact is that in one week of "instruction" we didn't even got the basics covered.
    Second: the CAD program "WCam2K" (v. 6.3.0.248) by DMR. It just didn't work. Crashing all the time and basically behaving like a beta version of a program. So far I don't know how much it costs compared to AutoCAD (for example) but a not working program shouldn't be sold.
    Another thing is they said we get a German version... the translation is like the stereotype of a translation from a Asian VCR... and not to speak of that there is NO MANUAL (there is one but only explaining the functions like: ADD POINT= adds a point to a line (???). No explanation if right or left mouse button and it's hard to figure out by yourself if everytime you use it it's different...
    Don't get me wrong it seemes pretty good in the basic idea, easy to handle and comprehensible even for people who are not into computers at all...
    It just doesn't really work properly.
    On the machine they fixed it by installing a "older" version. The errors got less but still once in a while they occur.
    The one in the office where we do the drawing is still the "new" version but by the time you learn to work around the bugs.
    And now...
    Third:
    About one week after the mechanic left the machine was one morning out of angle. No crashing into something or else prior to that.
    First cut in the morning: at the end of the cut when the disc goes up and out of the material this typical sound you don't wanna hear was there, knowing the disc somehow is not correctly running anymore (grinding off the corners at the end of the cut).
    The followind days: changing of the disc (in case it's somehow bend), no change.
    After two days: readjusting the rotation of the head (0+ 0.034/ -90 -0.048/ +90 +.038/ -180.. /+180...) and what has happened? it worked fine again. Only problem the cuts dimension weren't correct anymore (up to 1.5 mm differnce from X to Y axxis). The mechanic told me that 1 mm is not much when working in stone (????). I know some floorlayers who would beg to differ.... and actually I never experienced problems like this before. All the machines I worked so far were 100% accurate but also running for some time before I worked on them.
    Now spend one and half week to adjust disc-offset, make test with changing the discthickness etc.
    And now I am starting to get pretty sick of it. I don't know if you ever been to Italy but sometimes they have a pretty relaxed way of looking at things.
    I am starting to get quite agitated (no return-calls and no return-mails when promised etc).

So far I have to say that companies around this area (Liechtenstein, Switzerland) all said that they are happy with the machines they bought and didn't mention any problems (but when the bought their machines there was still a German mechanic).

And this is the "short" version....
    My question would be:
    has anyone experience with this machine or the program and can give me some tips how to communicate further with "Prussiani" therefor we still owe them 10% of the money and (for me completely understandable) my Boss refuses to pay up the rest until the machine is running properly.

Would be greatful for any suggestions, opinions or anything on this topic.
    Cheers,
    dylan thomas