Anyone know of FDA approved Makerjuice

Thread: Anyone know of FDA approved Makerjuice

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Anyone know of FDA approved Makerjuice

Can't seem to find UV setting makerjuice with any type of medical/ FDA approval does anyone know of such...

Looking to make my own dental retainer. I would be happy with any FDA approved plastic.

$60 DIY machine is available on instructables with very high resolution that you need but if it does not produce using some approved medical plastic looking at a complicated manufacturing process.

Thanks

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Anyone know of FDA approved Makerjuice

I don't think there are any resins available generally that you can print and then wear in your mouth, although Invisalign seems to have come up with a proprietary urethane material they use for their orthodontic system:

I'd suggest making it in whatever resin you can get to work with your $60 DIY machine (good luck with that), molding it, and casting it in Steralloy plastic Steralloy - HAPCO Inc., which is supposed to be biocompatible (which is different from "food-safe"). Or just break down and let the dentist do it - I don't think you're really going to save money trying to do this yourself...

[FONT=Verdana]Andrew Werby[/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.computersculpture.com/"]Website[/URL]

Downloads
    Uploads

Even if you could, the prints have strata lines on them that are impossible to get properly clean. No matter how hard you scrub it that thing will be a festering lump of pestilence in a week.

They're great for lots of things but this might not be one of them.

Downloads
    Uploads

If he or she's really using a high-resolution SLA or DLP printer, the stratification lines are much less evident than those you see on the usual FDM prints. I don't see that as the biggest problem with this project. Building a printer like that for $60 that actually works, on the other hand, seems like a pipe dream.

[FONT=Verdana]Andrew Werby[/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.computersculpture.com/"]Website[/URL]

Downloads
    Uploads

Stepper motor, leadscrew, frame, arduino, tank and an old LCD monitor - I can see a DLP coming together very cheaply for someone who has a cupboard/shed full of what SWMBO tenderly refers to as "more junk". Good point on the finer layers, but I'd still be hesitant myself.

Downloads
    Uploads

I just love Instructables, I only visit if I want a laugh though

I quite like targeted ads if they're not intensely annoying so I'll enable ads when your advertisers stop using annoying sounds, annoying slideshows and annoying animations