Lens Splatter on 6000 Watt Laser

Thread: Lens Splatter on 6000 Watt Laser

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Lens Splatter on 6000 Watt Laser

I run a Trumpf 3030 6kw laser . The problem is when we run thicker gauge material, we very quickly end up with a ruined protective glass, usually with a small spot burned on the underside surface. Any insight about causes and prevention would be helpful, thanks...

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Lens Splatter on 6000 Watt Laser

What has Trumpf suggested?

Welcome to the CNCZone!

Jeff...

Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

This is a pierce or lead in issue, we are having the same problem with our 5k trumpf laser. Have gone through 8 lens in just a few hours just recently. This seems to be a pretty common problem from doing other research on here.

Downloads
    Uploads

I can't speak for Trumpf but we have a Bystronic and whenever we start seeing lens contamination, it has to do with 1 of 2 things:

1. Beam mode, generally affected by the Resonators output window...clean or replace output window
    2. Cut settings...if you're piecing through thick material, try pulse piercing and from a higher than usual or factory advised height...once piercing is done, move to standard/default cutting parameters

Let me know if any of those work for you! Good luck.

6kw?seems used on cutting steel material....Maybe you need replace the protective window...Uh,the diameter of the window is 32mm?33mm or even higher?

Downloads
    Uploads

We had the same problems. We have 3 Trumpf fibers 6k, 5k, and 3k. We found it was the pierce sensor.Sometimes the pierce doesn't get thru the material. Some of the parameters for piercing thicker material needed some adjustment. Make sure the pierce gas pressure is higher than the blow off pressure. Many of the default settings have the blow off pressure higher. Also add some more time to the pierce. Also the reduced lead-in may be causing the splatter on the glass too. I found slowing it down a tad and lowering the nozzle distance helps. The key is to make sure it pierces all the way thru and doesn't lose it's cut on the reduced lead-in. After going thru several glasses a day, they now last weeks. Hope this helps.

Downloads
    Uploads

We have found that to be the issue with ours as well. Adding some time to the pierce and lowering the nozzle distance on the reduced lead-in has worked well for me. We've had Trumpf service out 3 times to update our pierce parameters.