G.Weike LC6090 80W

Thread: G.Weike LC6090 80W

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Lightbulb G.Weike LC6090 80W

Hello All,

Newbie here. Ijust purchased my first Laser from Betty at G.Weike a couple days ago. The purchase was largely based on informationI have read in this forum so I thought I should introduce myself as I am sure Iwill have many questions. I intend tolargely cut/engrave wood and acrylic for hobby purposes, but to transition intoa small business as I build confidence in my abilities. I have many ideas, but am unfamiliar with thesoftware aspect. I have a strongbackground in electronics and have been working with wood and acrylic by handfor a while so I am simply taking the next step. I do have someone local who is willing to sitdown and do some training with me, but I do have some additional questionsspecific to this laser that I was hoping to get answered here. So here goes:

Anyone recently purchased one of these lasers? Has thebuild quality and features improved at all? (most of me research were fromforums that were 2-5 years old here)

What is the best PC to get to run the laser? I have read that Windows 7 32-bit was thebest, but curious how the newer versions of computers/OS are communicating withthe laser.

What should I be on the lookout for upon un-packaging?

Should I run the laser and accessories on separate outlets/breakers or will the laser power supply handle everything (110V)?

Should I stay with the included software or is there abetter option for user-friendliness and will communicate with the laser (I'veread that the laser only likes the packages software)

*Disclaimer* I understand that I am not buying anAmerican laser and that there is a lot of bias in here one way or theother. My decision was based off of thelevel of support I have seen here, my financial situation, and that as abeginner this will force me to learn anything and everything about the laser.

Thank you all in advance and I look forward to being apart of the group

Order details:
    LC6090C 80W RECI TUBE
    Leetro Controller MPC6515
    Red Dot
    Auto Focus
    Motorized Table
    Honeycomb Table
    CW5000 chiller
    Chuck and Wheel Rotary
    (110V)

-Tony

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: G.Weike LC6090 80W

Tony, I am getting my LC6090 sent to me as we speak. I am curious how your laser is running and what you have found out with the software.

I was planning on using AutoCad

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by stark0713 View Post
    Tony, I am getting my LC6090 sent to me as we speak. I am curious how your laser is running and what you have found out with the software.

I was planning on using AutoCad
    Laser is running great! Couple of minor issues, but they were due to user error. The software if not the greatest (Lasercut) but I just use Corel draw and import my graphics to it using Lasercut as the sending software to the Lettro controller only. There was one more option out there for software that was leetro compatible, but the name escapes me now and it was pretty pricey.

A note on the forum here, as you can see no one has replied to me in many many many months! There is some great info contained in here but the majority of your good info can be found in YouTube and Facebook groups. Unfortunately, I feel this forum and especially this topic is dead...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Does it matter which version of Corel Draw you use?

I appreciate the heads up on the forum/info. What Facebook group(s) do you recommend?

Downloads
    Uploads

I have been running this laser for more than 10 years now and its built like a tank. Very tough and hard working but the software that came with mine, Corel drivers. works but is cumbersome. Mine is running on a 10 year old computer and works fine. Add a flow switch to your coolant system to ensure that you don't explode more tubes than you have to .

Mike

www.classicplayfields.com