Review - Bodor Laser BCL1309XU

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Review - Bodor Laser BCL1309XU

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Review - Bodor Laser BCL1309XU

Im going to be following this as we are interested in the exact same machine. Where are you located and how did you handle shipping and customs?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Review - Bodor Laser BCL1309XU

I'm in Minnesota and I have a friends cargo company handling clearance and customs. Anderson Cargo Services. I'm expecting pics of the status of my machine next week. I will post them here when I get them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

My laser has been built. They are getting ready to crate and ship it. I'll be getting the paperwork on Friday and shipping should be about 3 weeks. I've attached the pics they sent me of my machine. I can't wait!!! So far my interactions with them has been great and I'm very pleased.

Wade

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

That machine looks fantastic. I'm glad to hear your experience has been good so far. Going to hopefully be ordering one of these in the next couple of weeks.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

This guy: http://www.cnczone.com/forums/commer...77886-cnc.html did not have very good luck with his Bodor laser. Hopefully it will go better for you. I wish there was more feedback on these lasers, but there just isn't that I could find.

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes, I read that review after I ordered, and it did make me a bit nervous. But, I'm still comfortable with my decision. I hope it turns out as planned. So far I've had very good interactions with the company. I also liked the swiss design. I did notice that there was a lot of custom stuff on the laser in that review, so I'm wondering if that had a lot to do with some of their issues.

I did tell them I was doing a review of the entire process as we go along.

You always take a bit of a chance with the chinese machines. I just can't afford the US made ones. They are SO expensive.

Wade

Downloads
    Uploads

Well, here are the packing and crating photos. Looks like they have a sturdy base for it going.

I'm really seriously excited! I've already go the laser software installed, and I'll tell you, it's 100x better than lasercut which is what I have been using for the past few years. WAY better.

Wade

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Review - Bodor Laser BCL1309XU-img_3673-jpg   Review - Bodor Laser BCL1309XU-img_3674-jpg   Review - Bodor Laser BCL1309XU-img_3675-jpg   Review - Bodor Laser BCL1309XU-img_3684-jpg  

Review - Bodor Laser BCL1309XU-img_3677-jpg   Review - Bodor Laser BCL1309XU-img_3678-jpg   Review - Bodor Laser BCL1309XU-img_3679-jpg   Review - Bodor Laser BCL1309XU-img_3682-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Do you have the contact info for the shipping company you are using. We are going to order our machine this week I think. Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

Anderson Cargo-Managed Freight, Logistics, Tradeshow Asset Management

Bryan Trandahl - btrandahl@andersoncargo.com

You just have Bodor ship to the closest Ocean port (there happens to be inland ocean ports, Minneapolis is one), then Anderson will just have to manage the customs clearance and local pickup and delivery.

Just do me a favor, and tell them that I recommended them to you.

Thanks,
    Wade

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by wwendorf View Post
    Anderson Cargo-Managed Freight, Logistics, Tradeshow Asset Management Bryan Trandahl - btrandahl@andersoncargo.com You just have Bodor ship to the closest Ocean port (there happens to be inland ocean ports, Minneapolis is one), then Anderson will just have to manage the customs clearance and local pickup and delivery. Just do me a favor, and tell them that I recommended them to you. Thanks, Wade
    Thanks. I will definitely mention your name.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am curious how this turns out also.

Downloads
    Uploads

Just a little update:

Bodor sent me a spreadsheet I had to fill out for the shipment. Wasn't sure what most of it meant or needed to say, so I got on the horn with my forwarder and he helped me fill it all out. Apparently there is something called an ISF that needed to be filed prior to Bodor being able to ship the laser.

This is what an ISF is:
    The Importer Security Filing (ISF), also known as 10+2, is a US Customs and Border Protection (CBP) regulation requiring importers and vessel carriers to provide data electronically to CBP for in-bound ocean shipments.

So, it took a few days for it to be accepted, and now Bodor has the necessary information and has tendered the shipment to their forwarded in Hong Kong.

So, it's now officially on it's way! Very excited!!!

Wade

PS. Sounds like customs clearance costs, duties, etc... will run me approximately $700-800 over the cost of the laser. Right on my budget!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by wwendorf View Post
    Just a little update:

PS. Sounds like customs clearance costs, duties, etc... will run me approximately $700-800 over the cost of the laser. Right on my budget!
    Is the $700 to $800 your total shipping costs?

Downloads
    Uploads

No, Bodor ships to to any seaport, inland or coastal (inland is more obviously, and I live very close to Minneapolis which has an inland sea port).

From there, there are customs costs and duties and clearance fees for the customs broker, I also have to have a one time importer bond of some sort.

The forwarder takes care of all that for me.

Wade

Last edited by wwendorf; 12-09-2015 at 09:41 AM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

So what will be your total out of pocket for shipping and fees?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by sjctool View Post
    So what will be your total out of pocket for shipping and fees?
    $700-$800 should be my additional costs on top of the cost of the laser, which included shipping to my inland sea port.

Bodor includes ocean shipping for free to NYC port. They charged me $190 extra to go to an inland sea port.

Hope that clarifies things.

Wade

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Are you going to post pictures of you laser after set up? Have you had any out of the box trouble?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

I haven't gotten it yet. I will be posting pictures, but it doesn't arrive till late Dec/early Jan.

Wade

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi wwendorf,

I have sold and serviced quite a few Bodor machines over all they are the same as all the other chinese lasers nothing specail about them other than the design of the body which some other manufacturers have started copying you know after all it is china , 90% of the chinese manufacturers use the same controllers and laser tubes bar a few here and there who have made their own. Regarding the 2 years warranty that only covers the motion system, power supply and mother board I don't think the laser tube is included in that. If you need any help you can message me will be glad to help out.

Thanks
    Kumar

Downloads
    Uploads

I appreciate that. I know the design is similar. I'm still happy with the 2 year warranty on it for the motion stuff. I know the tubes aren't covered.

I will keep you in mind if I have issues!

Thanks,
    Wade

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast