Review - Bodor Laser BCL1309XU - Page 7

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Review - Bodor Laser BCL1309XU

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Review - Bodor Laser BCL1309XU

Wade, is the laser you have the reci s4 rated 100w and peaks at 130w?

Downloads
    Uploads

I think I'd be better off with a smaller fully enclosed laser cutter, one of the BCL-X machines. The only problem is Bodor won't sell me one as they have a UK agent selling these exclusively. As I was initially interested in a large bed cutter, they seem keen to sell me this and are not forthcoming about their UK agent details, saying they will be more expensive. But at the moment they won't give me the details of the Uk agent, which seems weird as they are obviously supplying them, so make their profit margin either way. I may now look at other Chinese made machines.

Downloads
    Uploads

Bodor did not gave me either details about the Greek supplier that i know it exists. When i asked them why, they did not reply. Weird also...

Downloads
    Uploads

Are Bodor willing to sell you the BCL-X machine direct to you in Greece?

Downloads
    Uploads

I was considering Bodor as well, but this acting sounds freaky.

Downloads
    Uploads

I love my machine. Not sure what's going on for greece tho.

Wade

Downloads
    Uploads

Polakis, I am talking with bodor right now, and they are surprised. If you give me the name of the person you spoke with, I will pass it on.

Wade

Downloads
    Uploads

@ Yurtman Yes, they want to sell direct to me here in Greece. But if i proceed with the order i am going to make it through the dealer here that they do give me information. Silly behavior on their part

Handmade Usb, Lighting, Clocks and Fine Art objects
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/BatLab

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Wade, hope you are doing well

I have a question after some cuttings and scans i have made with this guy i told you that supplies the Bodors here.

So, it has the Bodor desktop version with an upgraded high quality expensive laser 40W tube (not the standard that Bodor ships this laser) that makes incredible scanning but is not able to cut 4mm of plywood. Then we switched machine (G-Weike laser with 60W laser tube) that was able to cut the 4mm with difficulties but the scanning quality is not so good.

I asked him then what would be the recipe for me that want to cut up to 4 or 6mm of plywood and scan in high quality at the same time. He told me that in order to cut this thickness i should go for a 100W laser tube BUT the scanning quality could not be as fine as the lower tubes like 40W. In other words i could not have both according to him. But i told him that 4mm thickness should not be a problem for 40 or 60W laser tubes. I see that brands like Epilog, Universal and Trotec with much less Watts 30 - 40W states that they can cut material up to 1cm! So my question is:

1. Does these expensive lasers have other quality parts that allow thicker cuts and high scanning quality combined? Maybe much better lenses, quality laser tubes, focusing, software etc etc.
    2. Did you try to make a very fine scanning with your machine that has this big tube (130W)? And if so did you succeed? I mean can you confirm the thing he said to me that bigger Watt tubes are not able to make fine scans?

I am very confused because i want to make very delicate things with the laser i am going to buy but also i would like to be able to cut thick plywood up to 6 or 8mm for example. So, if Bodor does not have the proper machine, it would be useless for me.

If the above make sense.....

Thanks in advance
    Polis

Downloads
    Uploads

I have had no problem making very fine engravings with my machine. Here is a picture of something I did for a customer on one of my machines (I blurred his name in the picture).

Review - Bodor Laser BCL1309XU-findetching-jpg
    The letters are done by "scanning", while the design above and below the words is done by setting the lines to "cut" but at 9% of power so that I just get fine line drawings. I did the scan etching at 600mm/sec and about 25% power.

I don't know about the small wattage tubes as the smallest I have ever had is 80W (my current is 130W). However, the tube does not make the etching, the lens does and how well you have the mirrors aligned. That much I do know.

I don't know why the small Bodor doesn't cut thru 4mm ply, but it could be due to a wider beam lens? My machine I have to set it at 8mm above the material, and I have successfully gone thru 1/2" (approx 12.25mm) plywood without a problem. The longer the distance from the lens that the focal point is, the wider your beam is for doing anything with it. At 50mm (your focal point is approximate 0.004" (0.1016mm). If you go to an 80mm lens, your focal point is almost 2x wider at .008"-.010" (0.2032mm to 0.254mm) wide.

As far as delicate things, I have taken sticky back vinyl and cut thru the vinyl, but not the paper backing. I think that is very fine. It's all in speed and power, but I have found that minimum power for my 130W tube to fire is about 7%. It won't do much, but it's enough for very delicate cuts.

I hope that helps,
    Wade

Quote Originally Posted by polakis View Post
    Hi Wade, hope you are doing well

I have a question after some cuttings and scans i have made with this guy i told you that supplies the Bodors here.

So, it has the Bodor desktop version with an upgraded high quality expensive laser 40W tube (not the standard that Bodor ships this laser) that makes incredible scanning but is not able to cut 4mm of plywood. Then we switched machine (G-Weike laser with 60W laser tube) that was able to cut the 4mm with difficulties but the scanning quality is not so good.

I asked him then what would be the recipe for me that want to cut up to 4 or 6mm of plywood and scan in high quality at the same time. He told me that in order to cut this thickness i should go for a 100W laser tube BUT the scanning quality could not be as fine as the lower tubes like 40W. In other words i could not have both according to him. But i told him that 4mm thickness should not be a problem for 40 or 60W laser tubes. I see that brands like Epilog, Universal and Trotec with much less Watts 30 - 40W states that they can cut material up to 1cm! So my question is:

1. Does these expensive lasers have other quality parts that allow thicker cuts and high scanning quality combined? Maybe much better lenses, quality laser tubes, focusing, software etc etc.
    2. Did you try to make a very fine scanning with your machine that has this big tube (130W)? And if so did you succeed? I mean can you confirm the thing he said to me that bigger Watt tubes are not able to make fine scans?

I am very confused because i want to make very delicate things with the laser i am going to buy but also i would like to be able to cut thick plywood up to 6 or 8mm for example. So, if Bodor does not have the proper machine, it would be useless for me.

If the above make sense.....

Thanks in advance
    Polis

Downloads
    Uploads

In the left side of the pic it is the fine scanning i mean and the comparison is the 2 carrots. The right carrot is the other machines scan that is not so good for me. Same wood form the very same piece, different results even in colour.....

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Review - Bodor Laser BCL1309XU-img_7677-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Have you engraved from an image? If yes how did it look?

Downloads
    Uploads

A bit, yes. Not a lot tho. I haven't purchased any photo conversion software yet.

Wade

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the quick reply and the Review. I am considering purchasing a Bodor. I would do quite a bit of work from images. Have you attempted any thin gauge metal cutting? I know Fibre is recommended but CO2 should cut it.

Downloads
    Uploads

Bodor sells a CO2 for thin metal cutting, but typically CO2 will NOT cut metal. I think their CO2 that does it is minimum 250W.

I know the bodor will do images just fine. I have done a couple, but I usually do "sketch" type images and convert them to vector as it is easier to size up a vector than a small image that is a BMP or JPG.

Also, Bodor does "ramping" pretty well, so you can do 3d engraving as well. I've experimented with it some and it turns out pretty cool.

Wade

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Wade,

Just bought the Bodor BCL1006x with 80w tube. VERY EXCITED!!!!

I have a question about the ramping/3d engraving you did. Do you have images or an explanation on how you did it with you unit?

Thanks,

Steve.

Vancouver, BC

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Has anyone used these lasers for putting marks on aluminum. I don't need black or anything that great it just for in house use to identify parts during production?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

You can only etch anodized aluminum with a laser, or you need to get thermark or cermark heat-bonding paint.

Those are the only ways.

Wade

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Steve,

Sorry for the late reply. I don't have any images, but basically, you do it by choosing "output direct" when setting up your scan operation in RD Works. There's a good video on it on youtube under RD Lab, I think it's like episode 64 and 65.

You have to set the min/max values of your power to something like 8%( doesn't etch anything) to 20%, then make sure you have a greyscale gradient image. The lighter colors do not etch, or etch lighter, and the darker colors etch to the max % power you set.

I think suggested speeds for ramp engraving are around 100-200mm/second.

Hope that helps.

Wade

Quote Originally Posted by Spicyskier View Post
    Hi Wade,

Just bought the Bodor BCL1006x with 80w tube. VERY EXCITED!!!!

I have a question about the ramping/3d engraving you did. Do you have images or an explanation on how you did it with you unit?

Thanks,

Steve.

Vancouver, BC

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Wade,

Thanks so much for the info. Our unit finishes production next Tuesday and then we wait till the ship arrives.

Cheers,

Steve.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast