Uploads

looks like a good dust foot to me!!

jim

James McGrew CAMaster 508 ATC
    www.mcgrewwoodwork.com http://dropc.am/p/EJaKyl

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

That is a nice idea electronplumber! Not many people have documented DC fixes for the Shark. I was thinking about using 2.5" Loc-Line hose connected to my shop DC. I think the Loc-Line is firm enough to stay in place but flexible enough to not cause a problem if it does run into something (though it might get pushed into the bit....)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Tool Height Setter (or how to zero Z axis)

Here's my first attempt at a tool for making tool height adjustment easy.

The Problem:

To quickly set the Z-axis zero.

What I Was Doing:

Place a card of known thickness under the tool, and keep moving Z down until it was just scraping as I slide the card around. Then you can type in the appropriate adjustment. Unfortunately, it's very hard to consistently move the tool down by tiny increments. Sometimes, it jumps, digs into the card, and I'm not really sure if I lost counts. Even when it worked, it was very tedious.

New Solution:

I bought a "Machinist's Dial Indicator" from Harbor Freight:

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...Itemnumber=623

(it was on sale for $10 when I got mine), and mounted it upside down on a piece of angle Aluminum. Then I put a small plate on it. Placing this under the tool (you have to lift the Z way up), I can move the tool up and down until the dial shows zero, and then I can just enter the known height. It's actually very easy to adjust and going slightly over is no problem thanks to the spring-loaded pin.

It's not a perfect solution, but it's better than what I was doing. It also makes it really obvious how inconsistent my attempts at jogging really were...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CNC SHARK PRO-gauge1-jpg   CNC SHARK PRO-gauge2-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question Router Size for CNC Shark Pro

Does anybody know how big a router the cnc shark pro can handle
    I want to put a 2 1/4 horse on mine, i am wondering if this will work?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I take it you don't care much for BobCad. I bought a single seat for $200. Not much for tech support and squat for help files. Always calling to sell me training. I think that is how they make their money. Still trying to figure out how to group elements after I break them.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default router motor size

watching my shark-pro go nuts occasionally 1 hp is the largest router I want for the shark-pro size and construction. I use the v-carve software with Mach 3 and still it bumps occasionally. My next move is to put stop/limit switches on the pro which will keep it from going to the limits. I wouldn't want 2+ HP flying around on the plastic frame. The shark-pro is a great beginners machine would like to see aluminum replacement parts as an option to the plastic gantry.

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm putting the finishing touches on a dust foot for my Shark cnc. So far, it's testing out real nicely. Is anyone interested in seeing pictures when finished?

Downloads
    Uploads

yes i like to see all kinds of builds!

jim

James McGrew CAMaster 508 ATC
    www.mcgrewwoodwork.com http://dropc.am/p/EJaKyl

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Shark Dustfoot

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Jr View Post
    I'm putting the finishing touches on a dust foot for my Shark cnc. So far, it's testing out real nicely. Is anyone interested in seeing pictures when finished?

I just go a shark and would love to see what you have done.

Mark

Downloads
    Uploads

Default CNC Shark dust collection

I hope the picture uploaded.
    Bob

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CNC SHARK PRO-dust-foot-jpg   CNC SHARK PRO-dust-foot-bottom-jpg   CNC SHARK PRO-hose-suspension-jpg   CNC SHARK PRO-dust-foot-material-jpg  

CNC SHARK PRO-computer-room-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Good, the pictures worked.
    Ask questions and I'll send more answers and pictures.
    I also sent a picture of my computer "clean room."
    Skirting was made from hair plugs pulled from a bench brush then inserted into holes drilled along the perimeter of the dust foot. It takes about a minute to transfer each plug.
    Foot material was taken from a plastic cutting board.
    Bob

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CNC SHARK PRO-dust-foot-material-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default hold down

Has anyone tried these clamps on a cnc shark. I would be interested in your comments. I'm trying to develop a low profile clamping system.
    Bob

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CNC SHARK PRO-one-clamp-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Jr View Post
    Has anyone tried these clamps on a cnc shark. I would be interested in your comments. I'm trying to develop a low profile clamping system.
    Bob
    Not yet. Good idea though. I am using the supplied clamps and boards with screwed in stops and wedges that are 1/2" high.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default clamps

ArtistInFla
    Would you post a picture of your clamp setup please?
    Bob

Downloads
    Uploads

Default CNC Shark dust foot

These are the steps I used to transfer bristle plugs from a bench brush to the dust foot. Since I didn't take pictures during the actual building, I have re-created the process in a scrap piece of plastic. I drilled a hole in the plastic to accept the plug. Hole is the same size as the one in the bench brush. The plugs of bristles are held together by a small piece of wire already installed. I removed the handle from a cheap flat bladed screw driver and installed the shank in the drill press. (unplug the drillpress) When the blade is held in the center of the bristle plug against the binding wire, it is used to press the plug into the pre-drilled hole. It takes about a minute to transfer each plug.
    Bob

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CNC SHARK PRO-1-pull-plug-jpg   CNC SHARK PRO-2-removed-plug-jpg   CNC SHARK PRO-3-plan-jpg   CNC SHARK PRO-4-plug-held-place-jpg  

CNC SHARK PRO-5-pressing-jpg   CNC SHARK PRO-6-pressed-jpg   CNC SHARK PRO-7-finished-transfer-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by electronplumber View Post
    Here's my first attempt at a tool for making tool height adjustment easy.

The Problem:

To quickly set the Z-axis zero.

What I Was Doing:

Place a card of known thickness under the tool, and keep moving Z down until it was just scraping as I slide the card around. Then you can type in the appropriate adjustment. Unfortunately, it's very hard to consistently move the tool down by tiny increments. Sometimes, it jumps, digs into the card, and I'm not really sure if I lost counts. Even when it worked, it was very tedious.

New Solution:

I bought a "Machinist's Dial Indicator" from Harbor Freight:

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...Itemnumber=623

(it was on sale for $10 when I got mine), and mounted it upside down on a piece of angle Aluminum. Then I put a small plate on it. Placing this under the tool (you have to lift the Z way up), I can move the tool up and down until the dial shows zero, and then I can just enter the known height. It's actually very easy to adjust and going slightly over is no problem thanks to the spring-loaded pin.

It's not a perfect solution, but it's better than what I was doing. It also makes it really obvious how inconsistent my attempts at jogging really were...
    electronplumber,
    I am intrigued by your solution for setting the z-zero. I seem to be a little slow on how to use it. When zeroing the dial by moving the tool, how is the zero set at a known height? (I'm not even sure if this question is clear.)
    Thanks,
    Bob

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I would like to know if anybody has bought a system from SALECNC

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Does anyone know which stepper drives are in the shark pro plus.
    Thanks
    Don Clifton

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Cutting Problem

We are in the cutting phase and when we load it and start the machine, the machine cuts the image out but is about a half inch by a half inch big on our board even though it should be full size like it is on the program. Any suggestions?

Downloads
    Uploads

Can anyone tell me the voltage/current rating of the motors in a CNC Shark Pro (2' x 2')
    router? A guy is asking about a control retrofit and I'm trying to select a Gecko drive
    for him.

Thanks,

Jon

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast