Romaxx - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Romaxx

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have been looking at various CNC routers and features. Stumbled on this Romaxx machine, a couple nights ago, and liked what I saw for, maybe, the same reasons that some of you, talking about it, have.

My specific application and small business requires a machine that is efficient and acurate. I think roller v bearings on solid rails are fine and probably more maintenance free and less troublesome than some linear rails or rack and pinion setups. So I am going on what looks ligical, in my view. The Romaxx has some additional features that I like, the belt setup is somehting I have been giving a lot of thought, lately, and my reasoning and understanding for Ron using it on the Romaxx machine would be to achieve faster speeds. However until I try it I am still a bit skeptical on wether this will hold up precision when the tool encounters side loads. I don't need NASA precision but round holes down to 3/32" dia, done with a single 1/16" dia. cutter need to be round. WOuld like to hear some more imput, if anyone else is using this router and cutting beyond artistic designs, doing precision cutting, Id like to hear bout it, pehaps a video or pictures? Thanks.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,varv
    I do the step yesterday and buy a WD Romaxx cnc.
    I watch a few of your message and I is possible that you can help me when I will receive my machine.
    I am a newbie, I like woodworking but never use a CNC for now...
    I have Corel X3 but I do not know if it will be useful to make the gravure 2.5D?
    You have now vcarv pro but you hope to buy Aspire... What you can do with Vcarv pro?
    I buy the CNC only for hubby, I was reteired since october 2008.
    Excuse my english, I am a french Canadian and I write poorly.
    If you like to help me tell me, if you don't tell me too.

I hope receive your feedback.

Thanks,

Robert Clement

Downloads
    Uploads

Smile

Robert

Glad to help if I can.

On VcarvePro, It is the program I use to create my projects with.
    Signs, 2.5 releaf and some wood parts. I also use it to cut out lighopanes I make in PhotoVcarve. If you are thinking about getting it or Aspire you can download a demo of the software from their site. It lets you cut out a few examples that are included with the software. http://www.vectric.com/WebSite/Vectr...s/download.htm

Check your private messages on this forum. I sent you a PM.

george

PS You will like the WD1,

So how do you like the system?

I think I need to enroll in an architectural engineering program. When I'm done, I can build bridges and get over anything.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Romaxx

Well 8yrs later how do you like it, Ordered mine today...

Quote Originally Posted by lovebugjunkie View Post
    I received my Romaxx HS1 CNC router today. I have not found much info on the forum about the Romaxx. Thought I would post my experience so far with Romaxx as someone that is completely new to the world of CNC. I have no ties to Romaxx other than being a customer. Please try and over look my spelling and grammar.

I will be running Mach3 to control the machine and VcarvePro and PhotoVcarve.

First thing was the box. Romaxx knows how to ship equipment they enclosed the machine in a plywood crate. The crate was packed in a cardboard box. It came with no dints, dings and nothing loose inside. (Thank You Fedx)

After removing the bolts that secured the machine to the plywood bottom I installed the leg supports in their place. I ordered the feedback option, which required a second port in the PC. Romaxx included the PCI card to be installed in the PC with two cables that connects the PC to the machine.

I do not have the machine “moving” yet, but my first impression of the workmanship is very positive. Very solid machine for it size and well built. (Very well built)

Will update as I make progress. (And hopefully learn what I am doing )

Downloads
    Uploads

[I picked up a used HS-1 do you know the stepper motor ounce torque size ?

QUOTE=lovebugjunkie;396575]Got around to playing with the router today. Cut a piece of corian. The wife wanted something to put under the coffee maker to make it easy to pull from back of the countrer. Put 2 small “Hot Coffee” engravings on it that was in a Vector Art collection I have.

I cut it too deep and need to space a little more between letters. I have to get use to working with .00 - .000 place measurements. Looks like its time to hunt up some very small dia engraving bits.

I like the accuracy of the HS1. I think I re-homed it 3 or 4 times after starting the test engraving on MDF. I made depth changes in VcarvePro and reloaded the file back to Mach3. Each time it started cutting the updated file spot on where it started before. Have I said yet that I like the Romaxx.

Also had a chance to see how the mini Clear Vue cyclone works with a shop vac when used with 3 inch PVC and two different diameter size hoses. (I did not expect it to work very well)

I wanted something to support the vac hoses so I picked up some 3in PVC. Was going to run the hose from the router to the mini cycles via the pvc but thought I would see if the pvc would work as part of the connection. (I’m cheap and already had the shop vac hose laying around).

Cut 2 hose adaptors from MDF to fit the opening of the PVC with a hole in center to fit the hose and a plug to put in the base of the PVC. I wanted to keep the hose going to the router small so was not sure how going from 1.5 inch hose to 3 inch pvc then to 2.5 inch hose to the cyclone would work. Hose from cyclone to shop vac is 2.5 inch.

Still have to clean up the supports and make a dust shoe to mount on the router but found it works really well. After dong the test engravings in MDF and cutting the corian I only had a very light mist of very fine corian dust in the shop vac. The bucket under the cyclone had 98-99% + of what was vac’ed up.

Chris
    Have to agree with you on all points on the Romaxx. I almost went with another machine with a bigger cutting area but had a much bigger price. I called the other company to ask a few basic questions. The person that handled the sales was not in so I ask the person who answered the phone. Nice enough guy but considering the questions I ask (I don’t know much) I was…..how shall I say…..amazed at his answer.. (Considering what he said his position in that company was) Looking back on it I am very happy going with Romaxx. If I ever do find I need a bigger cutting area maybe by then Ron will have a HS1 big brother going out the door. So far I do not see me needing more.[/QUOTE]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12