Sidewinder CNC - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sidewinder CNC

Downloads
    Uploads

I am a little new to CNC machines but have built two of them over the last 5 years and both work fine I just have a problem figuring out software.

That being said it looks like to me that people are buying a low budget hobby machine and expect it to perform like a high dollar commercial machine.

Just my thoughts.

Milton

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Sidewinder CNC

I just put up a video of my machine running.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuj1iy7DM1s

John

Banned
    Downloads
    Uploads

I just recently purchased a sidewinder cnc off of craigslist. So far no problems with it. It is much better than my shapeoko2 which has more or less been a paperweight since I bought it.

Downloads
    Uploads

Purchased a Gatton CNC and like thousands of others, am extremely happy with my build. Trash talk all you like. Dave will naturally never respond if you post on these boards. Too many to keep track of and Dave sells the (now Gatton CNC) machines off his site. It's a Hobby Machine intended for a hobbyist woodworker. I have a Gatton AND a CAMASTER and both are functioning perfectly. I'm very happy with both purchases. If you truly want to reach out to Dave, go to his site or his weekly YouTube channel. He is always communicative and very much still in business with a large community of friends and loyal customers.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by javierunzueta View Post
    Purchased a Gatton CNC and like thousands of others, am extremely happy with my build. Trash talk all you like. Dave will naturally never respond if you post on these boards. Too many to keep track of and Dave sells the (now Gatton CNC) machines off his site. It's a Hobby Machine intended for a hobbyist woodworker. I have a Gatton AND a CAMASTER and both are functioning perfectly. I'm very happy with both purchases. If you truly want to reach out to Dave, go to his site or his weekly YouTube channel. He is always communicative and very much still in business with a large community of friends and loyal customers.
    Back in 2007 the machines where very badly built I repaired 3 of these machines that he could not fix for his customers, at that time would not recommend anyone to buy them, that was 12 years ago things change may be he builds a better machine now I have not seen any of his machines since 2008

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello,
    A friend of mine purchased a Sidewinder CNC around 2009. I helped him set it up. For the most part it did not see much use. A few years ago his wife used it a lot for a sign business out of the garage. She made some really great stuff! They recently moved on to lasers, needed the space, and now the machine is in my garage. I've updated the old PC with a newer faster SMALLER one. I'm looking forward to getting it cutting again.

Currently using Xylotex 4-Axis driver, Mach3, and VCarve v5.5. I'd like to switch to a motion controller. I'm considering UC300ETH and UCCNC Software.

-Rocko

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123