Gerber Dimension 200 Problem

Thread: Gerber Dimension 200 Problem

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Gerber Dimension 200 Problem

Hello CNC experts, I need your help.

I recently picked up a Gerber Dimension 200 that is working in conjunction with another router that we run (not a Gerber).

I have been having a couple hiccups, where it seems to skip or get held up on the X-axis (photo attached), it still continues to run the job, but is completely off track and I am forced to cancel the job.

Things I have tried:
    Removed X,Y,Z Axis screws and thoroughly cleaned and re-greased with White lithium (Manufacturer recommended grease).
    Blew out the Black box and checked all connections; capacitors seem to be good, but have not checked diodes with a meter.
    Checked all Stepper motor connections and added a small amount of Dielectric grease.
    Cleaned the rails; everything moves like butter and doesn't feel like I am hanging up on anything.
    Swapped X and Y motors.

I am going to do some more tearing down; but I wanted to check with this knowledgeable group before I waste any more time.

Description of the job is to make cement stamps, where I have to do a rather large cleanout with reversed lettering out of white PVC.

Pictures attached of my hiccup; they happen randomly and in different spots with any type of file sent. Sometimes they will run flawlessly for a while, then another hiccup and I lose the job.

Thanks again for any help

Links to images:

Work piece: https://i.imgur.com/AACY1N8
    Step Motors: https://i.imgur.com/sPERAkU
    Motherboard: https://imgur.com/9mhkZcz

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Gerber Dimension 200 Problem

...are the stepper motors getting Hot? maybe to small for the machine or out of tune/parameter setting etc etc

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by machinehop5 View Post
    ...are the stepper motors getting Hot? maybe to small for the machine or out of tune/parameter setting etc etc
    What is considered too hot? I used a temp gun to check temps compared to our other router; seems to be the same.

Stepper motors are stock for the Gerber Dimension 200. I've had a hard time finding replacements for these Slo-Syn motors, they don't make them anynmore from what I can tell. And I can't find comparable motors to replace these, any suggested websites?

How does one go about tuning/setting parameters on motors?

Downloads
    Uploads

I also have this router. Have you checked the backlash nut on the x-axis. This gets gummed up over time and can cause to much friction. Also, if it is adjusted with to much tension it can bind on the lead screw. Hope this helps.