Build Thread Holzma HPP 11/43 Beam Saw Retrofit LinuxCNC

Thread: Holzma HPP 11/43 Beam Saw Retrofit LinuxCNC

Downloads
    Uploads

Post Holzma HPP 11/43 Beam Saw Retrofit LinuxCNC

Hi, just because I got bored of retrofits of machines for metal I decided to jump on to woodworking machinery, and this is result of me and my team

About of panel beam saw:

Holzma HPP 11/43 panel saw from 1995 with original control system CADmatic 2.5 after retrofit to my own software based on LinuxCNC. Holzma controll system died after power shortage on board, estimate for repair from Holzma dealer was unacceptable for customer so he turned back to me for a quote and install system on his machine.

I started work from examing machine from mechanical point of view. First of all we had changed the pneumatic cords, bearings, inventer and removal of unused contactors for our software. I'm adding pictures of before and after either.

Software features:

- Reading .DXF files from cutting optimization software (max 4200x4200 mm),
    - Preview of cut layout and details of cut parts,
    - Custom label printout (including barcodes),
    - Pause program & skip cut,
    - Manual cut option,
    - Software supports: material optical sensor, pneumatic beam, pneaumtic side pressure, safety curtain, main and scoring saw and his leveling from operating panel, air table, material pushing axis, saw carriage axis,
    - Brand-new safety circuit,
    - LAN support for FTP connections and file managment,
    - Optional usage of: main saw, scoring saw, label printer, step-mode, height of saw, callibration of scoring saw, side preassure, short movements of pneumatic beam,
    - Milage of saw & scoring saw, total time spent per layout,
    - Speed adjustment for pusher (0-72 m/min) and saw carraige (0-120m/min)

Sumary:

It was very interesting project and it required a lot of focus due the size of machine (72m2). Panel saw is having now a new life and expectations of customer were met.

Michael