Newbie Buying a used machine, looking for direction!

Thread: Buying a used machine, looking for direction!

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Buying a used machine, looking for direction!

Hello all,
    I hope this is the right part of the forum.
    I'm looking to buy a used router for my shop.
    I manufacture custom hardwood flooring. I think my needs are pretty simple here, I just need to know what direction to take. I've attached some photos of what I'd like to use the machine for.
    There's a Masterwood Speedy 315 for sale locally, but I'm not sure if the pod and rail system is the way to go.
    Really, any input would be greatly appreciated.
    Budget is $6,000
    Thanks,
    Taylor

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Buying a used machine, looking for direction!-ardeche-jpg   Buying a used machine, looking for direction!-p17-wood-floor-inlay-jpg   Buying a used machine, looking for direction!-example-2-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Buying a used machine, looking for direction!

1st and formost: You need to see if this machine is supported anymore, no matter how good of a deal it may be and its running now. If you can't get support when it goes down, you can end up with a 6K boat anchor, if this machine is from the 90's or even the early 2000 you run into a much better chance of getting no support from the MFG and the availability of the electronics that operate the machine. Its rarely the mechanics.

Give a call to the MFG and ask the questions of support.