Need Help! Rotary 4th Axis for small CNC router?

Thread: Rotary 4th Axis for small CNC router?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question Rotary 4th Axis for small CNC router?

Looking to purchase a 4th axis rotary ( not indexer ) with tailstock for a CanCam D23 Minitron Router, 24" x 36" with 9" clearance under the gantry. I dont think I'll need to swing anymore than 6" dia with 4" being more realistic.
    Can anyone offer any suggestions/info on a good quality/medium price one in this size range ?

The machine comes pre wired for the 4th, they do offer a unt, just wondering if others are using one and its working for them.

Can you put on most manufactures 4th axis or is the wiring/logic specfic to the unit at time of sale ? If I don't buY what they sell, is it easy to hook up & run others ?

All thoughts, comments are greatly appreciated,
    Sheldon

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Rotary 4th Axis for small CNC router?

I'm not familiar with those machines, so it's hard for me to say if a 3rd -party rotary table would work or not. If it's a stepper=powered system, then it wouldn't be too hard to get a rotary table like the Sherline one https://www.sherline.com/product/873...stepper-motor/ to plug and play. If it's a servo system, then things get more complicated. Many manufacturers use proprietary or obscure systems to run their servos, and it's hard to find a motor/encoder system that's compatible with them. But you can probably save money by just purchasing the CanCam motor with encoder and cabling, and put it on the CNC-ready version of the Sherline rotary table (although some adaptation might be necessary if it isn't a NEMA 23 motor).

[FONT=Verdana]Andrew Werby[/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.computersculpture.com/"]Website[/URL]