Need Help! GRYPHON CNC - MX4660

Thread: GRYPHON CNC - MX4660

Downloads
    Uploads

Default GRYPHON CNC - MX4660

Hello All,
    I'm trying to make some upgrades to my Gryphon CNC, and I'm have some issue and would like to gather as much information as possible regarding the machine, any tips/ideas, other possible upgrades/replacement parts. I'm using the preload Mach3 profile Gryphon V-3 Horizontal. I would ask these question in the CNC owner group on Facebook but my request to join has yet to be accepted. Maybe we can store this information in a google doc or zip file for download to help other gryphon owners or newbie to CNC.

1) I'm trying to install a Z Zero touch plate, I have trying use pin 13 and 15, following varies YouTube tutorial and other MX4660 thread, but still no luck.

2) I would also like to be able to control the router start/stop function from Mach3 using the relay that comes install on the machine which is a Fotek ssr. I am going to be upgrading to VFD Spindle soon, but would like to do some plasma cutting in the mean while. Also I like to have a vacuum control thru the relay so when the machine is cutting the vacuum comes on automatically. I do not know if this is a hardware issue or Mach 3 setting, but I do not believe the relay is bad. If the relay is bad, should I buy another Fotek or another relay such as Crydom.

3) I'm going to be getting a VFD spindle soon and would like to know if anyone had a seen any tutorial, video or read any documentation that would be helpful or useful during installation. I'm just try to collect as much information as possible to ease installation and prevent future problems.

4) Any information regarding limit switch, the installation, what pins to use, etc.

5) If you have any digital documentation from the Gryphon website or elsewhere please upload to here.

6) As stated above I would like to gather as much information or documentation as possible regarding the machine, any tips/ideas, other possible upgrades or where to find replacement parts.

Thanks in advance, your help is greatly appreciated.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: GRYPHON CNC - MX4660

Same boat here. I’ve been trying to gather all the same

Downloads
    Uploads

I have a gryphon in thw box from 2016 and will need help...can you walk me through the unboxing and software setup for mach 3?

Downloads
    Uploads

And i refuse to join facebook...not even sure if they even have a group...since this machine is no longer made. Still wouldnt join fb if they did

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Toddbrink71 View Post
    And i refuse to join facebook...not even sure if they even have a group...since this machine is no longer made. Still wouldnt join fb if they did
    I started one for those of us who have the machines to support each other

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by evilusions View Post
    Where do i find that?

Downloads
    Uploads

Please dont say facebook.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by evilusions View Post
    I got all the input to build a jgro machine from this site 10 years ago and need to build this gryphon cuz my little work horse is getting old and, but still going.