Need Help! Do you know what these things do on my router?

Thread: Do you know what these things do on my router?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Do you know what these things do on my router?

I bought a used 2003 Cosmec Conquest 510 at an auction and it did not come with a manufacturers operator manual that outlines the parts of the machine. The machine uses NUM 1020 control and it comes with this hand held pendant that to me at leasts is not very obvious as to what all the buttons/knobs/dials are for....

Do you know what these things do on my router?-remote-control-jpgDo you know what these things do on my router?-20180621_095924-jpgDo you know what these things do on my router?-20180621_095934-jpg

I obviously know what the red emergency button is for on the top of the pendant but I am not so sure about everything else. There is also a push button on each side of the pendant that looks like they are supposed to be pressed at the same time, and maybe then you make changes with the other knobs/dials????

There is also some kind of a pressure switch on top of the electrical cabinet that has a carabiner attached to a leash. If you pull on it with a good bit of force the leash extends and then you can hear a relay in the electrical cabinet click. I have no clue what it does....
    Do you know what these things do on my router?-20180621_100128-jpg

There is also control box on the side of the computer cabinet that needs identifying. The key is spring loaded so when you turn it clockwise you must hold it there or the spring will bring it back to original position. The green button is also spring loaded. The white piece is an indicator light but I have never been able to get ti to illuminate.
    Do you know what these things do on my router?-20180621_100007-jpg

And finally we have the pressure pads connected to the machine. I don't know if I am supposed to be standing on them or not, where they are supposed to be positioned around the machine and for what purpose they would serve.

Do you know what these things do on my router?-20180621_100232-jpg

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Do you know what these things do on my router?-remote-control-jpg   Do you know what these things do on my router?-20180621_095924-jpg   Do you know what these things do on my router?-20180621_095934-jpg   Do you know what these things do on my router?-20180621_100007-jpg  

Do you know what these things do on my router?-20180621_100128-jpg   Do you know what these things do on my router?-20180621_100232-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Do you know what these things do on my router?

The mats are safety mats. When you step on them, they should kill power to the machine. If they are folded or wrinkled, they may be triggering the estop, and not allowing the machine to run.

There is also some kind of a pressure switch on top of the electrical cabinet that has a carabiner attached to a leash. If you pull on it with a good bit of force the leash extends and then you can hear a relay in the electrical cabinet click. I have no clue what it does....
    It's likely a safety trip wire switch, usually used to block off an area behind the machine. Trip the wire, and it kills power to the machine.

Not sure how the pendant works, or what the other stuff does.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    The mats are safety mats. When you step on them, they should kill power to the machine. If they are folded or wrinkled, they may be triggering the estop, and not allowing the machine to run.

It's likely a safety trip wire switch, usually used to block off an area behind the machine. Trip the wire, and it kills power to the machine.

Not sure how the pendant works, or what the other stuff does.
    Thank you so much for the quick reply. They do have some creases so that may be an issue. I will dig into a wiring diagram and figure out if I can bypass the mats. I had them plugged in and un-plugged and the NUM program was showing an error of emergency on (I made sure it wasn't the push buttons) no matter if it was plugged in or not. My guess is that they must be plugged in, so that the relay is constantly triggered. Then when you step on them they open the circuit and kill the machine?

The safety switch... The relay is triggered when the pressure gets to a certain point. Do you think it is supposed to be tensioned so the relay is triggered, and then if someone unclips the leash to walk through the area that kills the machine? Or am i overthinking this?

Downloads
    Uploads

The safety switch of that type often has three positions, There is a strong spring inside that normally pulls a safety switch into its open position. The tether is adjusted to put just the right amount of tension to close the switch. Too much pressure will also open the switch. In other words there is a kind of sweet spot.Once the tether is set correctly the button can be used to reset the switch in case the switch is tripped. Hope that makes sense.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Bdrangdo View Post
    The safety switch of that type often has three positions, There is a strong spring inside that normally pulls a safety switch into its open position. The tether is adjusted to put just the right amount of tension to close the switch. Too much pressure will also open the switch. In other words there is a kind of sweet spot.Once the tether is set correctly the button can be used to reset the switch in case the switch is tripped. Hope that makes sense.

Thank you for the reply. After playing with it for a while I figured that out. It is a really stupid safety switch as if it is designed to keep someone out of an area, they can just duck under it and walk on by I have it tied to the wall right now as i play with the machine, until I figure out something permanent for it.

Downloads
    Uploads

One cool feature... An auto-oiler

Downloads
    Uploads

The white button will probably clear errors. The green button will start, the red will pause. The button on the side of the remote will probably be held when using the + and - buttons when trying to move the axis in either direction manually. The dials will be speed of the head and the axis.

The mats have already been explained. Chances are unplugging them completely will disable then regardless and not need plugging in. VERY UNSAFE! FIX THEM.

The key and green button will probably be used when ejecting a tool from the spindle. Turn, and press and it'll eject.

The blue on with the cable coming out of it will be a trip wire as someone has already said. It could have a light on it that will suggest it's either triggered or not.

These are all suggestions and in no way a guarantee.

Cheers,

JR