Need Help! Help with old shopbot

Thread: Help with old shopbot

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Help with old shopbot

I recently inherited a shopbot PR 48 x 96. It was my first boss's and he left it to me after a battle with cancer. Along with whatever else was in his shop. I am pretty sure I have most of the parts or all of them just not sure how it all goes together. Shopbot doesn't have any support on their site. I've been calling for a couple days I get put on to support staff that goes to voicemail and cant join the forums because they shut down registration. Anyone have any experience with these machines and can offer some assistance?

From what I can tell I have the full gantry assembly with router and all the motors. And the control box and wires. Though I think a sensor or two may be missing. I booted it up and it lights up after 10 years in storage. Im really excited about getting this working again. I am a sign make by trade and it would be a great addition to the shop if I only knew how to use it or get it back in fighting shape. I spent the past few days taking it apart some more and getting all that rust and gunk off of it, All the parts, gears and motors are still in really good shape. I just need to figure out these electronics. and how to put this table together.