Need Help! Gryphon - MX4660 - Mach 3 - Huanyang VFD and spindle

Thread: Gryphon - MX4660 - Mach 3 - Huanyang VFD and spindle

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Gryphon - MX4660 - Mach 3 - Huanyang VFD and spindle

I purchased a Gryphon CNC 4' x 8' kit about 9 months ago. I received it about 2 months ago, and finally have it all built, wired, and trying to run parts.

I have Mach3 running to a UC100, to a Leadshine MX4660, all of which was provided as part of the kit.

I added the Huanyang VFD and 2.2kw spindle.

Problem 1: I can't get Mach3 to control the spindle, because the output on the 0-10v is always 8.8v, no matter what settings I try to change in Mach3. I am sure I have something set wrong, but I can't find a solid set of paramters for this machine.

Problem 2: I set the VFD up with the paramters provided by another user here, who seems to be the only person to post a complete set of correct paramters. However, everytime my spindle ramps up, I get a EOCA alarm at around 80hz.

I'd really like to get this machine running, as I have jobs lined up. This is my first built, other than 2 x-carves. I have been running commercial routers for over 10 years, and have 20 years of machining, so I am more of a programmer and operator than a builder.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Gryphon - MX4660 - Mach 3 - Huanyang VFD and spindle

Quote Originally Posted by evilusions View Post
    I purchased a Gryphon CNC 4' x 8' kit about 9 months ago. I received it about 2 months ago, and finally have it all built, wired, and trying to run parts.

I have Mach3 running to a UC100, to a Leadshine MX4660, all of which was provided as part of the kit.

Problem 1: I can't get Mach3 to control the spindle, because the output on the 0-10v is always 8.8v, no matter what settings I try to change in Mach3. I am sure I have something set wrong, but I can't find a solid set of paramters for this machine.

Problem 2: I set the VFD up with the paramters provided by another user here, who seems to be the only person to post a complete set of correct paramters. However, everytime my spindle ramps up, I get a EOCA alarm at around 80hz.

I'd really like to get this machine running, as I have jobs lined up. This is my first built, other than 2 x-carves. I have been running commercial routers for over 10 years, and have 20 years of machining, so I am more of a programmer and operator than a builder.
    Is your spindle 220v you may have used the wrong Parameters that was for another spindle

As for speed control this could be the PWM output not the settings in Mach3

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Looks like i got your settings from another thread. These are what i used.

Downloads
    Uploads

I

Have you looked at the Mach/VFD plug-ins in order to run the VFD via the RS485 link?
    I find it much better as far as opposed to setting up the 0-10v analogue.
    The one I prefer is the one by Sebastien, there are details on the Mach forum.
    Al.

CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Downloads
    Uploads

Ok when you posted in the other thread, it look like you had used those parameters, the list you just posted I don't do it like that anymore as it was to confusing for some people with using one posting to cover all spindles

Make sure these are set, if it still fails you will need to check the Cable from the VFD to Spindle that the connections are correct, next check the spindle plug with a meter

The fault is saying you may have a short in your wiring, but also could be ramp up to speed it is drawing to much current

Pin 1 to Pin 2

Pin2 to Pin 3

Pin 3 to Pin 1

Pin 4 to Ground spindle body

Pd006=15
    Pd007=20
    Pd008=220
    Pd010=10
    Pd141=220

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Looks like i have a short between pin 1 and 3, but only when the cable is plugged into the spindle. Does that mean a bad spindle?

Downloads
    Uploads

Looks like i have a short between pin 1 and 3, but only when the cable is plugged into the spindle. Does that mean a bad spindle?
    If the spindle checks out ok, without the cable, then it most likely is how the plug has been connected to the cable, there is not much room in those plugs, and the right wire size must be used this is the correct cable to use for your spindle size

Check the cable by its self, this is where most problems are found

CF6-15-04 you can get this cable from IGUS

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Gryphon - MX4660 - Mach 3 - Huanyang VFD and spindle-chainflex-cf6-pdf  
    Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    If the spindle checks out ok, without the cable, then it most likely is how the plug has been connected to the cable, there is not much room in those plugs, and the right wire size must be used this is the correct cable to use for your spindle size

Check the cable by its self, this is where most problems are found

CF6-15-04 you can get this cable from IGUS
    That's great because the igus cable carrier rep was due in anyways to quote me the carriers on this machine.

Thanks,

Downloads
    Uploads

That's great because the igus cable carrier rep was due in anyways to quote me the carriers on this machine.

Thanks,
    This cable CF6-15-04 is there mid-range cable, and will work fine for you, they have more expensive cable per foot, than this that will do the same job as well it's number is

CF35-15-04 TPE

CF31-15-04 PVC

https://www.igus.com/iPro/iPro_01_00....htm?c=US&l=en

file:///D:/Chinese%20Spindles/Chainflex®%20CF35%20motor%20cable%20TPE.pdf

file:///D:/Chinese%20Spindles/Chainflex®%20CF31%20motor%20cable%20PVC.pdf

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello, I also have a gryphon, and trying to make upgrades to my machine. I will be installing a spindle soon, and would to know how your installation turn out. Currently I'm trying to install a z zero touch plate but cannot get it to work. I've try using pin 13 and 15, following the varies YouTube tutorials and other mx4660 threads on this site, but still no lucky. Does anyone here have any idea on how to install this. I'm using the preload Mach 3 profile "Gryphon V-3 Horizontal". Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

Get rid of the uc100, use a db25 pin
    Cable. To a pc. Not a laptop. Also check the wiring.some of it on the mx4660 book is backwards.
    Check pump led. Todd