Cosmec Conquest Servo

Thread: Cosmec Conquest Servo

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Cosmec Conquest Servo

I have a 2006 Cosmec Conquest 515. If any of you have one, you know how difficult it is to find literature or help for repairs. Lately I have been having random servo errors on both the x and y axes. Sometimes it will manifest as a shaking during a cut, usually it will error out when I just turn on the machine. I have not been able to find the problem. I minimize the dust around the motors just in case and regularly blow off the tracks. I've read that it could be a pinched wire, but I have no idea where to look to find said wire. Any help would be appreciated.

Similar Threads:

There’s a few possible issues. First off I find it odd that both X and Y started acting up at the same time. What your describing sounds a lot like resolve issues. If the machine is turned on before doing anything you will want to feel the ball screws and if you feel a lot of jerking then most likely you and a bad resolver on the Servo. My guess is they are SBC servo Motors which I will tell you are extremely difficult to get here in the states without putting up your first and last born children as collateral. Even more bad news if your motors start with MB. Now I’m the past I have had luck by extending the life of some machines with this same problem. Secondly a more common problem is under or over voltage. Many service types here in the states is 120/208 which for the most part should be sufficient on these machines unless they are older. Which means you need buck boosters to up your voltage a quick check for this is to just do a voltage check on the 3 phase and the 24v system on the machine. However my money is on the servos. You have two options you can trust a company other than Parker SBC to repair your Servo which from past experience will run anywhere from $750-$2500 but your taking a gamble. Parker SBC can repair resolvers but only in the California location. If the Servo itself needs rewinding it’s off to Italy and the repair plus shipping is around $3600 per motor. If your getting the shake in the ball screw as I mentioned feel free to message me. I may be able to give you some temporary life in the machine yet the dreaded big expense of repair is certainly coming due. If there is no vibration or little vibration then you may just have some bad cables. Anyways hope this gives a good starting point

Hey i have a pair of servo motors for the 515 if u are still interested

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Cosmec Conquest Servo

I saw this message, noting that you have a similar machine of one that I'm trying to help someone get running, and I was hoping you could assist with answering some general operating questions. I think it's an older machine than the one you own.

All of the motors seem to be running correctly, as we have been able to manually jog all axes, but haven't been able to get the machine to complete the full homing sequence. It begins homing the Z-axis, backs off the switch and stops. The message shows "Z axis referencing cycle in progress." If it is run again at the same location it stopped at that point, it just says it's currently moving off the Z axis switch, and the program stalls there. I didn't know if this was something that needed to be changed in the program, if we were executing the homing process incorrectly or the axes and table had to be recalibrated before attempting the homing procedure. If you can provide any insight, it would be helpful and appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by ncarter View Post
    I have a 2006 Cosmec Conquest 515. If any of you have one, you know how difficult it is to find literature or help for repairs. Lately I have been having random servo errors on both the x and y axes. Sometimes it will manifest as a shaking during a cut, usually it will error out when I just turn on the machine. I have not been able to find the problem. I minimize the dust around the motors just in case and regularly blow off the tracks. I've read that it could be a pinched wire, but I have no idea where to look to find said wire. Any help would be appreciated.

Downloads
    Uploads

I’m sure you figured out the problem by now. I’ve been helping someone get their Cosmec Conquest they bought at an auction up and running. We’ve experienced servo faults as the result of periodic voltage drops that occur when a large compressor turns on to run the pneumatics. It affected the servos even though they were on separate circuits. We were getting a 245 error code and it uses a NUM controller system.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by markcrichlow View Post
    Hey i have a pair of servo motors for the 515 if u are still interested
    Do you still a servo motor ?