Need Help! Masterwood Project 327 317 issues

Thread: Masterwood Project 327 317 issues

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Masterwood Project 327 317 issues

Gday everyone. Lets start by laughing lol. Im using a masterwood 327 and 317 (yes keep laughing... i am) and i know they ancient but really they still work... most of the time. If anyone has used or is familiar with these machines I would love a bit of help/advice/experience with these.

The problems im trying to resolve and work out whats causing them are as follows.

#1: Time out errors:-
    Everything in the book give you an explanation as to what code is causing what - which the exception of the timeout errors. the two main ones are
    2.1.1513 and 2.1.1520
    this equates to '2 = PLC', '1 = Not important', '15 = timeout' and the last two number 13 and 20 have no explanation.
    PLC errors are commonly resolved by restarting the PC (prehistoric computer) but in these cases this doesnt resolve any issue.
    Not important is in my opinion prehaps a translation error from Romanian/Italian to english but unsure if this really matters.
    Time out is quite simply a timeout error of 7 seconds or greater.
    number 13 i believe is a micro switch response failure but given many of the numbered wires are unreadable or missing, a multimeter and test each wire approach is my last resort.
    number 20 i believe has to do with the right hand spindle (T42) not receiving a message to confirm a tool is loaded.

has anyone ever come across timeout errors and have/or remember the conclusion which resolved the problem.
    also does anyone have any list of timeout error and to what each code relates to?

#2: during programming i often have the computer crash with an 'unhandled exception'
    "UNHANDLED EXCEPTION 0D AT 0447:00FA Error code: 0000
    AX = 000D BX = 0001 CC = 0000 DX = 0000
    SI = 00DA DI = 0002 BP = 0FA6 SP = 0F98
    CS = 0447 Limit = 134E segment #26 of C:\MWNEW\MW309.EXE
    DS = 06AF Limit = D0A8 segment #52 of C:\MWNEW\MW309.EXE
    ES = 0000 Invalid segment
    SS = 06AF Limit = D0A8 segment #52 of C:\MWNEW\MW309.EXE
    - 0447:08F2 FA 89 46 F8 C4 5E F8 46 C4 5E F8 26 80 3F 00 74 03 E9 3A

I know this gargle is probable usless as info unless your a coder that can read code like a book but it there for your info.
    I am tossing between a programming error, which I code very acuratly and these programes i have written have worked for a long time prior to these errors occuring.
    and the alternate option that maybe there is a RAM problem or fault with the HDD beginning to deteriorate.

#3: On the 317 i am constantly getting another timeout error of 2.1.1510
    so as above the same thing but have no direction as to what '10' is referring too.

So if anyone can assist, shed light or suggest possible or probable things that could be causing this or a test to try and fault find the issue that would be greatly appreciated.

I have contacted masterwood via email, but no response. I believe they no longer support legacy machines.

anyways.. Thankyou for any help or support.

even it the conclusion match and fuel lol.

Thankyou

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Masterwood Project 327 317 issues

#1) When I used to use a 327, our manual listed the numbers(or most of them) that you'd see with a timeout error. These are basically inputs. If the control doesn't see the input in the allotted time, it throws the error. The only way around it, is to fix the problem. This could be switches, solenoids, sensors.....

2) My guess would be RAM. But, that's just a guess. But, you're dealing with what's probably a 20 year old PC there.

It's been almost 9 years since I've used a Masterwood, and unfortunately, I don't recall what any of the numbers are referring to.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    #1) When I used to use a 327, our manual listed the numbers(or most of them) that you'd see with a timeout error. These are basically inputs. If the control doesn't see the input in the allotted time, it throws the error. The only way around it, is to fix the problem. This could be switches, solenoids, sensors.....

2) My guess would be RAM. But, that's just a guess. But, you're dealing with what's probably a 20 year old PC there.

It's been almost 9 years since I've used a Masterwood, and unfortunately, I don't recall what any of the numbers are referring to.
    Yes I know it has to be fixed. And that's what I'm attempting to do. Sorry if I didn't specify correctly that I am looking for what these codes refer to to know where to look and to find the fault and fix the problem. Ie no point looking in in the ground if the problem is the sky.

thankyou for helping. 9 years is along time to rememeber such thing lol
    and yes... the pc was around before the dinosaurs lol

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Masterwood Project 327 317 issues

if you simply go to the manual screen and look on the right side you will see all of the inputs. if you then manually move or open tool changer cylinders you will see a input light turn on or off if it is working. If nothing changes it means that the magnetic switch is not detecting the magnet in the pneumatic cylinder as it goes up or down in the tube. if you have one that is not working take the sensor off and place a magnet on its face and move it up and down simulating the cylinder piston moving inside the tube. if the input doesnt detect the magnet replace the sensor and try again. you will need someone to read the inputs as you move them up and down their stroke.