Heiz (High-Z S-1000/T) - experiences?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heiz (High-Z S-1000/T) - experiences?

Sentinel

Default Heiz (High-Z S-1000/T) - experiences?

I am CNC newbie, and am planning to purchase Heiz High-Z S-1000/T ( http://www.cnc-router-routers.com/ht...rews_cnc_.html ) machine.

I am planning (for start) to make some simple wooden toys, do engraving (wood, etc) and possibly do 'prototyping' (if that's the correct English word) when someone needs a prototype before mass manufacturing something.

Does anyone have (good or bad ) experiences with it (or older models)?

Thanks.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Smile Heiz High-Z S-1000/T

Hi, I know this is an old post, but for anyone else interested, I've purchased this machine about a year ago and so far have been very pleased with it. It's worth buying the larger 1000 machine if you think you'll need to machine bigger parts. I bought the machine with the WINPC-NC Economy software and the whole set-up was running in a few minutes. The WINPC-NC Economy software interprets G-Code and HPGL.

The machine arrived in a very solid wooden box and all parts are really very well made. i haven't found anything that is a problem yet. If anyone has any questions or would like me test some things just let me know.

regards
    Colin

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Can you please tell me if you can use match3 and mastercam with this machine?

I want to purchase the same machine.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,

I have the High-Z S-1000, this is mainly the same as the T-version, and Yes it can be used with mach3 (mastercam obvious, because this is a Cam-software.. So no controlling the machine itself).

I can seriously say: I love this machine!! (Ofcourse depending the usage of it)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Bribis,

Thank you for your reply.

I´ve puchased the machine but I don´t have the machine definition and control definition in mastercam to play with my HIghZ 1000.

Can you tell me how can I download this control files to work with my new machine?

thanks.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Restos,

A postprocessor is a piece of information to let Mastercam know how to process the data for use with the controlling software (ie. Mach3).

In Mach3 you need to configure your machine information. This is not needed in Mastercam itself.

If you have made a design with Mastercam you should be able to mill this on any kind of machine IF you have the correct postprocessor for that kind of machine.

To get the correct postprocessor, just search in this fabulous forum for postprocessors. This is how I did it

If you need any more info, don't hesitate to ask!

Last edited by BriBis; 07-03-2009 at 05:15 PM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi

can you please tell me some help on configure mach3 to run with my machine heiz 1000?

Thank you very much

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Restos,

Do you want the setting for Mach3 to control your High-Z machine (like the motor-speed and inputs/outputs)?

Do you have some problems on controlling it?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

At this moment I can´t move any axis of my machine using Mach3. I need some help with Mach3 Settings, because I can´t get the software connected to my machine.

I never use mach3 before and I don´t know how can I configure it to play with my machine.

With WinPC-NC I can use my machine, but I would prefer Mach3.

Can you please help me?

thank you very much.

Downloads
    Uploads

Ok, see my screencaptures how my Mach3 is setup.

The motor tuning is for all axis the same, this needs some tuning though..

Config/Homing-limits:

Config/Motor tuning:

Config/Ports and Pins/Spindle Setup:

Config/Ports and Pins/Input Signals:

Config/Ports and Pins/Output Signals:

Config/Ports and Pins/Motor Outputs:

Hope this will help!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Bribis,

Thank you for your help. I also want to ask you one simple question:

I use mastercam x2 and I set zero point in mastercam.

Can you please tell me how can I tell Mach3 where is my zero point? Do I need to move manually the machine to zero point in my stock? How can I do it?

thanks for your help.

Downloads
    Uploads

The zero-point set in MasterCam is normally set at the stocks zero.
    You need to let Mach3 also know where your stock is located, you can do this by jogging to this point (use the tab-key within Mach3 to show the software-jogger).

When you have your spindle located above the zero of the stock, just zero the X and Y-axis (button just in front of the DRO's (digital readouts) showing the X, Y and Z-axis.

The Z-axis should be set to touch the top of your stock (normally this is), some use the bottom of their stock as zero. So please check your settings from MasterCam and Mach for this!! (To avoid crashing into your machine).

This should do the trick!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Bribis,

Thank you for your help.

I still have problems with Mach3 and maybe you can help me. I´ll try to tell you:

I use Solidworks to desing, mastercam x2 to cam and mach3 to process the cut.

In solidworks I desing using Inch, in mastercam I set the stock and zero point. In mach3 I use at first your configuration screens in mm, set the config motor in mm and the in the settings tab I use inch.
    IN second time I change your configuration screes to inch but always get the same issue.

When I start cuting the machine cut a small version of my desing, the size is not correct.

How can I set the G-code to inch?

Do you have any idea why my mill cut a small version of my design? The scale in all axis are 1.0

Thank you for your help.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Bribis,

perhaps the problem is with motor or axis advance, because if i check the mach3 toolpath draw, i can view the draw go faster than my machine. My machine not calculated well the size

excuse my english

what do you think?

Downloads
    Uploads

At first, you should never change the units in Mach3 when it is setup correctly, this can screw-up your machine-settings!

When you are opening a file which has been designed in inches, there should be a G20-instruction in the beginning of the g-code (setting it in inch-mode), when it is designed in metric-units, there should be a G21-instruction somewhere at the top of the code.

Downloads
    Uploads

If you think the machine cannot cope with the speed setup in Mach3, you can always slow the machine down in the "motor tuning" part of Mach3.

If you think you are missing steps, you definetly should slow your PC's output down.

However, I don't really expect this to be correct (my machine is running coorect with these settings). Maybe there are some minor changes in seperate versions of the machine.

BTW. The settings I gave you are for metric-units (this is how I run my machine). I would advice you to put it back to metrical-units and recheck all the settings I gave you earlier.
    Than see if the file you would like to route is including the G20-code.

Rerun the program (at a safe height above your stock) and see if there is correct movement.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ok, im going to set back your original configuration and check gcode. Then i will let you know

thank you very much for your help!

I'm worry because i cant get my machine works fine...

Downloads
    Uploads

Don't worry! We'll fix it!

If you still are having problems, we will take it step-by-step until the problem has been solved/found!

By the way, did you also have troubles with WinPC-NC? If this is not the case, then there is nothing wrong with your machine, just some sort of setting in Mach3!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Bribis,

thank for your help.

My gcode is in inch units im sure about that. Can i set your config in mm and then run gcode in inch?

If yes, i will put back your config screens NeXT monday and let you know.

Its rare, if i check mach3 toolpath graphic and compare with my machine movement i can view the same movement in a minor scale, the same movement but small.

I've installed winpc-nc but i do not have the mastercam addon to process gcode for this processor so i cant try it yet.

I've received my machine last week, is there any hardware setpup do i need to do before i start using it?

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes, you should never have to adjust the settings in Mach3, even if you open a file which is in inches. (This should be automatically adjusted).

Please check if your g-code has the G20-command (somewhere at the top), it sounds like this is not the case. This would couse the "scaling"-effect.

Your machine should be able to run just as you have received it, so no changes have to be made to your machine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast