Gryphon Vs CNC Routerparts Kit

Thread: Gryphon Vs CNC Routerparts Kit

Default Gryphon Vs CNC Routerparts Kit

I don't know if this is in the right forum category if not please move it. Anyways anybody have experience with either of these? I'm new to CNC and wanting to get into it slowly. I realize the kit has a lot of variables but over all what's been your experience? I'm looking at the 48" x 96" models as I'm a cabinet builder and would like to be able to use it on a full sheet of plywood. Thanks! Jess

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Gryphon Vs CNC Routerparts Kit

There are probably about 100 members here with CNC Router Parts machines here. The Gryphon is apparently a new machine, and from what I see on their website, it's not in the same league. Just my opinion.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

If it helps, Gryphon = Cncmogul

Downloads
    Uploads

I don't think I would consider buying the Gryphon if what I am seeing is correct. Are the bearings riding on aluminum extrusion? If that is the case, Gerry is correct. Different league. I do have a CNC Router parts plasma machine. It is sturdy enough to engrave SS with a die grinder too. I get good accuracy from it. Mine is dual drive R&P with a ball screw Z axis. I will be replacing my very first router at some point and will be using CNC Router parts again. Extremely well made stuff. Worth every penny of the cost.

Lee

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs down Re: Gryphon Vs CNC Routerparts Kit

Quote Originally Posted by JesseBusenitz View Post
    I don't know if this is in the right forum category if not please move it. Anyways anybody have experience with either of these? I'm new to CNC and wanting to get into it slowly. I realize the kit has a lot of variables but over all what's been your experience? I'm looking at the 48" x 96" models as I'm a cabinet builder and would like to be able to use it on a full sheet of plywood. Thanks! Jess
    Stay AWAY from GRYPHON!!! The company is anti-Veteran and a scam to boot!!! The guy will live off of your money and ignore you when you ask for a shipping date of refund. Stick with x-carve and shapeoko. They stand by their customer service. Phil Landowski is the owner. From what I can tell he really doesn,t care about his product nor customers. X-carve and shapeoko have a reputation of quality, Phil (and Gryphon have a reputation of thievery.

Downloads
    Uploads

Does anyone have a source for replacement parts for the Gryphon machines?

Downloads
    Uploads

Replace the parts with something better. I saw nothing that could not be had elsewhere.

Lee

Downloads
    Uploads

I know this is not a a real production machine but can build doll houses. Can anyone help me set the software up for this gryphon thats been in the box for 3 years?