Thread: Has anybody bought/used this machine

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Has anybody bought/used this machine

I am new to this and have been looking at multiple options --

Option 1 - Build a joes cnc hybrid

Option 2 - Buy from this guy - CNC Router 48x48 | eBay

What am I going to do with the machine? Cabinet detailing, small crafts, SIGNS, puzzles for kids, cut out clocks.... Mostly that kind of stuff - Which is why my budget is around 3-6k

I definitely want at least a 4x4, maybe bigger! Just cuz

My question is what are recommendations out of the too - I am really leaning towards not wanting to build

Further more - Is this machine considered a 4-axis or 3 axis - Can it do 3-d stuff

Do I just need Mach3 and V-carve pro?

If I guy from the guy on ebay is the Rotary 4th axis for 3d work worth it for $450 ----what additional software is needed for this?

TIA

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Has anybody bought/used this machine

Quote Originally Posted by pdwatermelon View Post
    I am new to this and have been looking at multiple options --

Option 1 - Build a joes cnc hybrid

[Why is this your only option, besides the one machine you found on ebay? There are plenty of kits more advanced than the "Joe's", which is showing its age.]

Option 2 - Buy from this guy - CNC Router 48x48 | eBay

[This ad leaves out a lot of crucial information you (or anyone) would need to evaluate the machine. What kind of slides does it use? What are these "oversized" motors? He doesn't say what the "latest in microstepping drivers" are - they could be anything. Claiming "0" backlash on a rack and pinion system invites more skepticism than confidence, without a lot more information about the system used. T-slots in MDF are of questionable usefulness. I'm not saying this is necessarily a bad machine, but skipping all the most important details makes it suspect. Look for a machine that tells you what it's made of, preferably with a user base that's enthusiastic about it.]

Further more - Is this machine considered a 4-axis or 3 axis - Can it do 3-d stuff

[It's a 3-axis machine until you add the rotary table, Yes, it should be able to do 3D carving, as long as the Z axis can run at the same time as X and/or Y.]

Do I just need Mach3 and V-carve pro?

[It seems to come with Mach3, but sometimes that's an evaluation version limited to 500 lines of code. V-carve Pro isn't a true 3D program; it's used for 2D and 2.5D work, mostly by sign-makers. For 3D work, you'd need a 3D-capable design program and a CAM program that could analyze your 3D CAD models and produce G-code from them.]

If I guy from the guy on ebay is the Rotary 4th axis for 3d work worth it for $450 ----what additional software is needed for this?

TIA
    [It's hard to say what is offered by way of a rotary 4th axis with the ebay machine, since there are no pictures or details given. You would need a CAM program that supports a 4th axis; DeskProto is probably the least expensive option there, especially if you're a hobbyist and qualify for the reduced pricing. ]

[FONT=Verdana]Andrew Werby[/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.computersculpture.com/"]Website[/URL]

Downloads
    Uploads

pdwatermelon

Vee Roller machine, built like it has been for a 4' x 4' machine not worth a second look, you will get a better 4' x 4' machine from China, look around at different machines, that one would be a bad choice, it is amazing how many people are building poor quality machines

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

I looked at his other Ebay auctions to try to find more information.
    Here's what I see:

The entire machine appears to be made of lightweight aluminum extrusions (1/8"??)
    Motion appears to be plastic V rollers on the aluminum angle.
    Spindle clamps are plastic.

I'd look at the CNC Router Parts machines myself. Much heavier duty, for about the same money.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

just check first ebay, or you can see on forum Chinese sellers..
    about 7K you get in your door a router, a 4x8 and no v rollers, also with spindle..

while videos are impressive, you cant measure those cuts..

also not viewable where the rack located for the long axis.. call X or many machines comes as Y axis

if its not visible on the side, theres a chance only one rack under the table and placed on the middle..

the invested work I could say worth what he asking, however the result don't..
    compared with other options..

if you have work on hand, don't hesitate to buy a readybuilt.. if you just about starting, you can try to build..

just a remark, click on his feedback.. that also shows he sold a couple of these..

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Wow, Thanks for the feedback, It looks like you guys can tell a lot from just the build. That helps -

So things to look for -
    Strength of the machine - IE aluminum spindles vs plastic , I take it the plastic rollers are bad - What kind of rollers are good? Can anybody point me in the direction of a good 4x4 for about 6k or is the only why I am going to get this at that price by building one

The Joes Hybrid? Or the CNC Router Parts Machine (ger21) - Do I just need the kit
    CRP4848 4' x 4' CNC Router Kit | CNCRouterParts

or the 4x8
    The Nema 23 (is that good or do I need to step it up to the 34) - does the kit on their site work well (include EVERYTHING)
    A spindle mount/router
    Cable management ( i'm assuming from their site)

THen if I get all this, is it compatible with any software, just build, install, and then cut ??? Also would this then cut 3d??

Downloads
    Uploads

its pending on you like to build yourself or buy a readybuilt
    on the end price will be almost same..
    counting on same parts are built in..

if you have orders on your hand, then just buy a ready stuff

for 6K you can get a Chinese in your door, a 4x8 machine..
    a faster of this might cost 8K

yes any router with 3 motor on the 3 axis capable for 3d cut..that pending on programs and you ability..