Need Help! New PC wont talk to my AXYZ 5012

Thread: New PC wont talk to my AXYZ 5012

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default New PC wont talk to my AXYZ 5012

Need some help if anyone has run into this before. I just took over as the programmer and operator for 2 routers for a sign making business in Atlanta and after 3 months I have finally convinced them that the second hand, hand me down secretaries old computer was not up to snuff for creating the 3D signs they wanted me to make on EnRoute. They bought me a new machine and I have it comunicating with my multicam with no problem but I can't get it to talk to my AXYZ Properly.

I can get the A2MC GUI up and running but, when I hit the Connect button I get a "File Not Found \\A2MC-144996919\hdd1\modbus Status.csv A2mc Network Folder access Denied" error message and then the GUI finishes loading, I can change peramitters, Tool Library Setting, all that good stuff but I can't get into the jobs folder.

I would like to map the jobs folder onto my PC's directory so I can just drag and drop NC files to it or just output them directly to AXYZ job folders.

If anyone has run into this or can help walk me through what ever stupid little setting I don't know I need to change that would be great. Thanks so much.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: New PC wont talk to my AXYZ 5012

Hi, im having and identical problem to yours. have you managed to get this sorted yet? if I get mine working I will let you know !

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Pardon me for resurrecting a year old thread, but I two am dealing with the same issue since installing a new computer. Did anyone help you resolve this issue?
    My original machine has a shortcut (\\ipaddress\hdd1\release) and it works great. No other machine can seem to access the path though.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by wrenchdoctor View Post
    Pardon me for resurrecting a year old thread, but I two am dealing with the same issue since installing a new computer. Did anyone help you resolve this issue?
    My original machine has a shortcut (\\ipaddress\hdd1\release) and it works great. No other machine can seem to access the path though.
    finally got someone to figure this out. open your GUI and connect to the machine. once you are in, go to the conect tab, you should see a windows icon under the connect button. Click on that icon, it will tell you that you are making registry edits and this could be bad or something along those lines, click ok and let it do it or otherwise you won't be able to do what you want. thats it, you should be able to map the drive via ip address. The other problem with this is that it takes forever to load up the contents of the hdd1 in the explorer window because AXYZ doesn't want to rewrite any of there code and it doesn't play well with the newer versions of windows. I would suggest getting the A2MC File Manager to transfer files, its lighting quick and simple to use, its worth the purchase.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default [SOLVED] Re: New PC wont talk to my AXYZ 5012

We had this problem and, after some digging, I realized that the A2MC controller appears to be using an old authentication protocol (LAN Manager) that newer operating systems don't support, by default, as it is outdated and insecure.

To allow Windows 8.1 (or 7) machines to see the A2MC\hdd1 file share, you must turn on LM and NTLM Lan Manager authentication by setting the Local Security policy.

1. Run secpol.msc on the desired Windows machine (press the "Windows" key on the keyboard, type "secpol.msc", right click and choose "Run as Administrator")
    2. Navigate to "Local Policies" -> "Security Options" -> "Network Security: LAN Manager authentication level"
    3. Change to "Send LM & NTLM - user NTLMv2 session security if negotiated". Apply the setting
    4. Test the setting by opening Windows Explorer and typing \\a2mc-XXXXX in the address bar (XXXX being your specific to your a2mc config*). You should see the HDD1 and WINDOWS folders appear.
      *You can find your \\a2mc-XXXXX by entering FUNCTION, 1 on the machine's hand console and pressing ENTER until you see the "IP: A2MC-XXXX" setting

New PC wont talk to my AXYZ 5012-cnc-lm-authentication-jpg

We hope this saves someone the frustration we had trying to upgrade our operating systems to something that isn't antiquated.

Text from the Local Security Policy entry:

Code:
    Network security: LAN Manager authentication level

This security setting determines which challenge/response authentication protocol is used for network logons. This choice affects the level of authentication protocol used by clients, the level of session security negotiated, and the level of authentication accepted by servers as follows:

Send LM & NTLM responses: Clients use LM and NTLM authentication and never use NTLMv2 session security; domain controllers accept LM, NTLM, and NTLMv2 authentication.

Send LM & NTLM - use NTLMv2 session security if negotiated: Clients use LM and NTLM authentication and use NTLMv2 session security if the server supports it; domain controllers accept LM, NTLM, and NTLMv2 authentication.

Send NTLM response only: Clients use NTLM authentication only and use NTLMv2 session security if the server supports it; domain controllers accept LM, NTLM, and NTLMv2 authentication.

Send NTLMv2 response only: Clients use NTLMv2 authentication only and use NTLMv2 session security if the server supports it; domain controllers accept LM, NTLM, and NTLMv2 authentication.

Send NTLMv2 response only\refuse LM: Clients use NTLMv2 authentication only and use NTLMv2 session security if the server supports it; domain controllers refuse LM (accept only NTLM and NTLMv2 authentication).

Send NTLMv2 response only\refuse LM & NTLM: Clients use NTLMv2 authentication only and use NTLMv2 session security if the server supports it; domain controllers refuse LM and NTLM (accept only NTLMv2 authentication).

Important

This setting can affect the ability of computers running Windows 2000 Server, Windows 2000 Professional, Windows XP Professional, and the Windows Server 2003 family to communicate with computers running Windows NT 4.0 and earlier over the network. For example, at the time of this writing, computers running Windows NT 4.0 SP4 and earlier did not support NTLMv2. Computers running Windows 95 and Windows 98 did not support NTLM.

Default:

Windows 2000 and windows XP: send LM & NTLM responses

Windows Server 2003: Send NTLM response only

Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, and Windows Server 2008 R2: Send NTLMv2 response only

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: [SOLVED] Re: New PC wont talk to my AXYZ 5012

Quote Originally Posted by terrytPK View Post
    We had this problem and, after some digging, I realized that the A2MC controller appears to be using an old authentication protocol (LAN Manager) that newer operating systems don't support, by default, as it is outdated and insecure.

To allow Windows 8.1 (or 7) machines to see the A2MC\hdd1 file share, you must turn on LM and NTLM Lan Manager authentication by setting the Local Security policy.

1. Run secpol.msc on the desired Windows machine (press the "Windows" key on the keyboard, type "secpol.msc", right click and choose "Run as Administrator")
    2. Navigate to "Local Policies" -> "Security Options" -> "Network Security: LAN Manager authentication level"
    3. Change to "Send LM & NTLM - user NTLMv2 session security if negotiated". Apply the setting
    4. Test the setting by opening Windows Explorer and typing \\a2mc-XXXXX in the address bar (XXXX being your specific to your a2mc config*). You should see the HDD1 and WINDOWS folders appear.
      *You can find your \\a2mc-XXXXX by entering FUNCTION, 1 on the machine's hand console and pressing ENTER until you see the "IP: A2MC-XXXX" setting

New PC wont talk to my AXYZ 5012-cnc-lm-authentication-jpg

We hope this saves someone the frustration we had trying to upgrade our operating systems to something that isn't antiquated.

Text from the Local Security Policy entry:

Code:
    Network security: LAN Manager authentication level

This security setting determines which challenge/response authentication protocol is used for network logons. This choice affects the level of authentication protocol used by clients, the level of session security negotiated, and the level of authentication accepted by servers as follows:

Send LM & NTLM responses: Clients use LM and NTLM authentication and never use NTLMv2 session security; domain controllers accept LM, NTLM, and NTLMv2 authentication.

Send LM & NTLM - use NTLMv2 session security if negotiated: Clients use LM and NTLM authentication and use NTLMv2 session security if the server supports it; domain controllers accept LM, NTLM, and NTLMv2 authentication.

Send NTLM response only: Clients use NTLM authentication only and use NTLMv2 session security if the server supports it; domain controllers accept LM, NTLM, and NTLMv2 authentication.

Send NTLMv2 response only: Clients use NTLMv2 authentication only and use NTLMv2 session security if the server supports it; domain controllers accept LM, NTLM, and NTLMv2 authentication.

Send NTLMv2 response only\refuse LM: Clients use NTLMv2 authentication only and use NTLMv2 session security if the server supports it; domain controllers refuse LM (accept only NTLM and NTLMv2 authentication).

Send NTLMv2 response only\refuse LM & NTLM: Clients use NTLMv2 authentication only and use NTLMv2 session security if the server supports it; domain controllers refuse LM and NTLM (accept only NTLMv2 authentication).

Important

This setting can affect the ability of computers running Windows 2000 Server, Windows 2000 Professional, Windows XP Professional, and the Windows Server 2003 family to communicate with computers running Windows NT 4.0 and earlier over the network. For example, at the time of this writing, computers running Windows NT 4.0 SP4 and earlier did not support NTLMv2. Computers running Windows 95 and Windows 98 did not support NTLM.

Default:

Windows 2000 and windows XP: send LM & NTLM responses

Windows Server 2003: Send NTLM response only

Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, and Windows Server 2008 R2: Send NTLMv2 response only

Help! me.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New PC wont talk to my AXYZ 5012-capture-jpg