Need Help! Scm record 220 with NUM 750 Manual

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scm record 220 with NUM 750 Manual

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Lightbulb Scm record 220 with NUM 750 Manual

Hello everybody!!!I try to find the manual for the scm record 220!!!If you can setn me by email : desproharris@yahoo.gr!
    thanks

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

I don't have a manual, but I can probably remember most things about using it if you have specific questions. I had a NUM 750 SCM Routomat for a while and it was very similar, just a different format (moving table rather than moving head).

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I would change the operation system Num 750 from scm record 220 and connect it direct to pc!!!Is it compatible ?And how is this way ?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by harrisres View Post
    I would change the operation system Num 750 from scm record 220 and connect it direct to pc!!!Is it compatible ?And how is this way ?
    I think what you are asking about is sending files to the controller from an external PC? If so, it is possible using a standard RS 232 cable. My NUM 750 had an input at the controller inside the main electronics cabinet. You need to use a program that communicates with the controller which sends the file. I'll have to see if I can remember the exact sequence of buttons you need to press, but as I recall it is basically a button that puts the controller into the right communication mode, followed by pressing cycle start. You'll then see the file download into the controller's memory. If the memory is already full, you may have to delete files to make room for new ones. I'll see if I can track down the instructions for that as well. The controller probably does not have much memory, so file sizes will be limited to somewhere between 70kb and 200kb depending on how much memory it came with.

Some Num 750 controllers came with "Drip Feed" capabilities, but not all of them did. It was a feature that had to be flashed to the firmware, but because of the age of the controller, you can't do this at the machine. In order to find out if that feature is available, you'll need to contact NUM and give them the serial number of the controller. It was possible to have this feature updated on the controller, but it was very expensive and you had to send the controller to NUM to have it done, so I never did. I recall being quoted around $2000 and it seemed like it would be better to spend that money on a new controller. If you do not have "Drip Feed" and need to be able to run larger files than the memory you have, you'll probably need to consider an upgrade to the controller. If I still had my SCM, I would install a CS Labs CSMIO IP-A in it.

I'll see what I can round up, but also if you can send me your email, I'll send you the utility that you need to communicate with the machine.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

You can not replace the num 750 for a PC. It's to old.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

the machine at this time use a program that the communicate with the controller.But i cant find who is the way to receive the file to machine
    I can sent the work program from pc but i cant see and find in the mum panel !What is the buttons that i must follow to receive the file
    Please help me which can!!!!!!

Downloads
    Uploads

the machine at this time use a program that the communicate with the controller.But i cant find who is the way to receive the file to machine
    I can sent the work program from pc but i cant see and find in the mum panel !What is the buttons that i must follow to receive the file
    Please help me which can!!!!!!
    I can only remember the rough sequence. You basically have to go to the "Load" mode, then press cycle start. If the program is ready to download from your computer, it will start to load at that point. Once it is in the controller memory (my machine used to make a kind of click sound in the air system similar to pressing reset when the program finished downloading), I think that you type "0" then LF (enter), and then cycle start to begin running the program. It's been a while, so I may be forgetting something, but that's the way I remember it. There is also a way to delete the file in another menu, but I've completely forgot how to do that. As long as you name the file the same thing, like "001", the new file will over-write the old one if I remember right. I'll see if I can track down the NUM manuals, but they may be lost for good.

Downloads
    Uploads

Here's a photo of the controller from my SCM (found the photo in some old folders while looking for scans of the manual) and which button I recall running programs from. I'm not 100% positive that you load the program here, but I'm pretty certain that you go to this mode and then type either "0" or "3" and then "LF", followed by Cycle Start (Button in lower right corner). It should be somewhat obvious as there is a list of options in the menu with a number next to each menu item. I think that what you are looking for is something like "run current program from memory" or something to that effect. My controller was in French, and I don't speak French, so I never could actually read the menu. I just had to guess and figured it out eventually.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I hope to fit this whole process with the machine., the operator who are working on this cnc for 18 years, died two weeks ago and no one in the company had no bother with it.I don't know how it makes Calibration or reference point after start the machine. Do you know this process ? Now I'm trying every day to chance.
    I sent some photos from the machine.all these you told me is very useful .that is my emai desproharris@yahoo.gr for utility that i need to communicate with the machine
    Thank you very mach

Scm record 220 with NUM 750 Manual-aps-record-220-program-jpg

Scm record 220 with NUM 750 Manual-program-processor-jpg

Scm record 220 with NUM 750 Manual-num-750-jpg

Scm record 220 with NUM 750 Manual-scm-record-200-jpg

Last edited by harrisres; 12-06-2013 at 05:07 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Homing the machine is done by selecting the button circled below and then pressing the jog buttons for each axis. The machine should move slowly, and it should be that you press Z+ (this should move the head up, not down) until it stops moving, then you press Y- until the axis stops moving, then you press X- until the axis stops moving. I believe that you can only do one axis at a time (that's how my SCM worked during homing). Once you've done that, you may have to type "X0 Y0 Z0 LF" (I seem to recall having to do this) and at that point it should be homed and ready to run. When in the homing mode, the machine will only move toward the home switch, not away from it, so if you are not seeing the axis move, check that it's not already on the switch first (if so it is at home), and if it is try jogging the other direction to see if it homes opposite.

Holding down the button shown below while pressing the jog buttons (X+ Y+ X- Y-) will move the machine at a rapid jog motion instead of slow. You can do this when you need to travel the machine a long ways before homing it, but until you get to know the machine, use it carefully. I do not recommend ever using the rapid button while jogging the Z axis. It never has far to go and is pretty easy to crash into the table or limit switches in rapid jog.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm 12 years operator- industrial designer and programmer. I've worked 6 years on morbidelli woodwork and 6 years on metalwork machines. I've never seen such a case, is old machine . makes every effort to help the company. you help me greatly. Thanks a lot

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I try to calibrate the machine and the x axis move only the X+ button !I sent the program and see that on screen panel num i cant load to run program.when put the cycle button open the light ( ! ) Scm record 220 with NUM 750 Manual-num-750a-jpg where tha my wrong ? the tool magazine taret want calibration ?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Scm record 220 with NUM 750 Manual-num-750-jpg  
    Last edited by harrisres; 12-09-2013 at 01:27 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

I try to calibrate the machine and the x axis move only the X+ button !I sent the program and see that on screen panel num i cant load to run program.when put the cycle button open the light ( ! ) Scm record 220 with NUM 750 Manual-num-750a-jpg where tha my wrong ? the tool magazine taret want calibration ?
    Mine never needed to calibrate the tool magazine. It just always knew where it left off when you turned the machine on. Only the XYZ axis needed to be homed. Sounds like you may have some features that I didn't. You might try contacting Vic at Allied Machinery as he seemed pretty familiar with SCM machines. He could probably at least point you in the direction of a good manual for sale somewhere. Unfortunately, I just don't remember anything more than I've told you, and it sounds like there may be some differences between your 750F and mine. I am watching for those old NUM manuals, so if I find them soon I'll let you know.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have a manual I can email to you.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Scm record 220 with NUM 750 Manual

Quote Originally Posted by Dozza View Post
    I have a manual I can email to you.
    hiii
    we recently bought a used scm record 220 (1999) as a second machine for 5-axis jobs and are also missing the manual. Would you mind to send me a manual and wirring electrical to instill?
    My email Sameeh.yakoup@nsfegypt.com
    Thanks a lot in advance

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

please help,
    I recently bought an scm routomat with num750 controller, all paramters are lost,
    can some one help me?
    thanks a lot

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

If you research how to do it, I'll try to help by using my machine (record 2) if it's the same. Try posting on this page too
    https://www.facebook.com/SCMrecord2?ref=hl

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'll see what I can round up, but also if you can send me your email, I'll send you the utility that you need to communicate with the machine.

Hi mmoe, you mentioned in this post you had commication utility for a Num750 controller. Can I PM you my email address so you can send me the file? I would very much appreciate it if you could help me out.

Downloads
    Uploads

can you help us with the manual??? operation?
    i have a routomat 3p with de control num750
    eduardo_servicio@yahoo.com.mx
    regards

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Everybody,

I have a SCM Record 220 with a NUM 1080 controller. I believe this has the drip feed capabilities, but I cant figure out how to turn on the drip feed mode. Does anyone know how to turn on the drip feed mode? Appreciate the help!

Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast