Need Help! GMR PHANTOM

Thread: GMR PHANTOM

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default GMR PHANTOM

I need help with getting a friend up and running. he bought a "GMR phantom" CNC router 60"x120" with 12 tool changer. If any one is familliar with this machine I need a post for Aspire. I use Surfcam and write my post for it. I know metal cutting "HAAS, MAZAK, TSUGAMI, OKUMA, and MURATA on a daily basis so i hope its not hard to go to wood router. He also has enroute. that is all I know about it at this point. IF anyone can help or tell me what other info i need to get started plz do.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default GMR Phantom

I used to run a GMR where I used to work.

what control does it have, the Fagor or Mitsubishi?

You could always try this, they are in vermont. Green Mountain Recognition is the company name.

Green Mountain Recognition, Inc. - West Rutland, VT - CNC Routers

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default phantom

I am not sure. where will I look? It is hooked up to a desktop pc. the servo drivers have sst on them so far that is all I have found. i am attaching a link to a pic of the machine maybe that can help some.

Picasa Web Albums - Shannon Ledlow

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I also need a source to buy a couple replacement plastic forks for the atc tool holder. only have 9 of the 12 spots to put tools.
    Thanks for any help

Downloads
    Uploads

Try calling GMR tomorrow, Whenever we needed parts they were pretty good.

I haven't had any contact with them in over a year as I am not at that job any more.

I wasn't real impressed with their toolforks, They had no give so when the machine does anything funky, there goes a tool pocket!

If your machine is running, just make your own out of Nylon. I would probably spring load them if I was re-doing them.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default update

Here is an update. I got the machine running today. It is suppose to have a fagor 8055 control. There is no monitor on the control cabinet only a jog handle with a two line display. I am still working on a post for aspire. I made a simple program with 3 tool changes with the enroute that came with it and sent it to the machine. I figured out how to set the z but still not sure how to set the x and y sero points. we have absolutly no documentation or instruction with the machine. i got the program to run with no crashes and the tool changes worked. now i need to know how to set x and y zero. also i think that gmr is no more i found there number and no answer

Downloads
    Uploads

Hmm. That doesn't sound like a fagor to me. We had the 8055 on the router where I used to work and it had a real display panel. Go to Fagor automation and you can find some info there.

On ours there was a page on the control to set your g54, g55....Etc.

Where did you buy it from, Maybe they still have the manuals or some documentation for it.

If GMR is no more that will make things more difficult.

Downloads
    Uploads

here is the brochure for the fagor 8055

there are plenty who utilize this controller call fagor

http://www.fagorus.com/Products/Broc..._8055_plus.pdf

James McGrew CAMaster 508 ATC
    www.mcgrewwoodwork.com http://dropc.am/p/EJaKyl

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default update

the machine has testra controls running HPGL. I am attaching my post i wrote so far and a copy of the output i want if someone could look over it for me. Thanks

Attached Files Attached Files

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by 03clipse View Post
    the machine has testra controls running HPGL. I am attaching my post i wrote so far and a copy of the output i want if someone could look over it for me. Thanks
    I see this was a few years back now. I also just bought one of these,a phantom combo, used and am missing a critical system configuration file. It sounds like the same machine with the testra controller with the exception that mine was set up with a router and laser. If anyone knows of one of these machines and could potentially grab this file it would be a great help. Thanks.