NcStudio help needed.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: NcStudio help needed.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default NcStudio help needed.

Hi, l am currently building a new PC for a friend since his old one kicked the bucket. The PC is ready and we are pondering which OS to go with for using NcStudio. I have been to the companies website but it is very basic and doesn't list what OS the program supports.

I was about to tell my friend to purchase a Win 7 Home Premium x86 but l don't him to spend money on an OS that will not support NcStudio. Anyone with good knowledge on the software please help on which OS to go with.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

nc studio is a basic chinese controller and if you have the software and a good understanding of it then it is pretty stable, for the most part if the opportunity is able to change i would switch to Mach3

jim

James McGrew CAMaster 508 ATC
    www.mcgrewwoodwork.com http://dropc.am/p/EJaKyl

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the reply. I have tried installing NCStudio on my machines with no avail. I have tested several OSes like Windows 7 64&32bit, Windows Vista 32bit, and even Windows XP SP3 though VMware but still nothing.

When l try to launch the program an error message pops up consisted of incomprehensive characters. I first install NCstudio(v5.5.60), shut down the PC then insert the card and reboot. Always that message pops up.

My friend is planning to migrate to Mach3 but not now. Anyone with a clue of what is the problem?

Downloads
    Uploads

U still having that trouble? I know the resolution to that problem.
    Or by chance did you convert to Mach3?
    If you converted to Mach3 while still using the NCStudio card, please do tell us how

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default NCStudio 8

NCStudio v. 8 will support with Win 7. I have its setup file, if you want I can send email to you.

My email is sambopen@outlook.com.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Sam!

It's a state of mind!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default NCStudio 5.5.60 also work with Win 7

Quote Originally Posted by theforce View Post
    Hi, l am currently building a new PC for a friend since his old one kicked the bucket. The PC is ready and we are pondering which OS to go with for using NcStudio. I have been to the companies website but it is very basic and doesn't list what OS the program supports.

I was about to tell my friend to purchase a Win 7 Home Premium x86 but l don't him to spend money on an OS that will not support NcStudio. Anyone with good knowledge on the software please help on which OS to go with.
    I testec NCstudio 5.5.60 also work well with Win 7 32 bit (never test with 64bit).

This is link to download NCstudio and toolpath for NCstudio. NCStudio

Cheers,

Downloads
    Uploads

Question

I'm in the exact same boat as theforce was. I've tried every version of NCStudio I can find on every version of Windows 32 and 64 bit and can't get it to run. I also can't get the PCI controller card to find any drivers so my brand new CNC machine is sitting on my shop and I can't do anything!

Yes I should have gone with Mach3 but I didn't and even bought the wireless controller so I'm very frustrated right now.

Can anyone help?

Downloads
    Uploads

why not just switch to mach three?

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm about to but then I have to figure out which breakout board to get, how to wire it into my existing control box, try and sell the the NCStudio specific wireless controller.........I'm at the end of my rope after 4 months waiting for this machine.

Downloads
    Uploads

I did this some years ago, is it a basic machine 3 axis, stepper motors single z can you take photos of motors and drives get model numbers for same, once you establish the wiring sequence for the motors it gets a bit easier

Downloads
    Uploads

Any recommendations as far as breakout boards? There are so many choices it makes my head hurt.

Downloads
    Uploads

NcStudio help needed.-ncsetupcardeng-jpg

Does this schematic tell you anything regarding what I should choose for a breakout board? I'm planning on adding a 4th axis soon as well.

Downloads
    Uploads

Sorry I fell asleep,, yes this is your schematic, I have sent this to a friend who has a sale cnc for some input

Downloads
    Uploads

I had the exact same trouble with drivers.... I resolved it by using NCStudio ver5.43
    I provided a link on page5 in my thread to download that ver:
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/genera..._xj6090-5.html

Downloads
    Uploads

The wiring diagram from DBL looks correct, I didnt have that diagram when trouble popped up and had to manually trace out each wire, they do match my notes.
    The breakout card does not use optical-isolators, just straight connections from the card. You can find the 15-pin cables and connectors on ebay.
    I found my copy of NCStudio... it's version 5.4.53 and does include drivers for windows.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NcStudio help needed.-img_2743-jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

Vicroy, I didn't have a chance to say thanks for your reply. I've been fighting with this dammed thing for over a week and still haven't successfully cut anything. Last night after breaking another carbide bit when NCStudio went nuts I had it and today after talking with Sergey at KSI Labs https://www.ksilabs.com/index.php in Nevada I spent almost $600 and ordered his controller, BOB and cable. This will work...I hope but at least Sergey speaks English, live in the US and is willing to help get it all working. Jimmy at SaleCNC was great during the sale but now his understanding of the English language has suddenly deteriorated.

Downloads
    Uploads

Actually if I were to replace NCstudio completely... I would go with a mach3 breakout and use either USB or the parallel port on your PC.
    There are some very nice Mach3 cards with spindle interface. NCstudio cannot generate a stable enough signal for spindle inverters... but the nicer Mach3 cards can.

Now you have to be careful when choosing a card for spindle control. Some spindle inverters use PWM, others use voltage modulation. My XJ6090 spindle inverter uses voltage modulation.

USB Interface: PWM Spindle control
    CNC 3 Axis USB Mach3 200kHz Breakout Interface Card Adapter WINDOWS2000 XP Vista | eBay

Parallel Interface: Relay spindle control
    CNC Breakout Board Mach3 EMC2 DB25 | eBay

Voltage modulation control
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/CNC-Breakout...item2a1fa35b00

Last edited by viroy; 05-17-2013 at 05:39 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Here is an illustration as to how I would rewire my CNC for use with a new mach3 card.
    You will have to look up the frequency inverter for your spindle and download the manual to learn for sure what type of input it uses for RPM control.
    PWM is a good thing! Wish mine was because voltage modulation is a lot harder.

NcStudio help needed.-mach3_board_2-jpg

Downloads
    Uploads

Since NCStudio does not do PWM or voltage modulation... it has 3 wires going to the spindle that are simply high/low state (on/off).
    The spindle inverter has 3 ports for 'programmable control'. So SaleCNC simply setup the 3 ports on the spindle for RPM speeds of 5k on port1, 10k on port2, and 24k on port3.
    You will see on an NCStudio breakout illustration 3 pins marked "H M L".... High, Medium & Low... NCStudio was actually designed to operate this way

This does not mean it's permanently stuck this way though.... you can use the LCD control panel to reprogram the HML speed settings, or you can disable the 3 input ports and just manually set the RPM from that LCD panel before machining.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast