Need Help! Colchester 2000L CNC

Thread: Colchester 2000L CNC

Default Colchester 2000L CNC

Hi Everybody,
    I have just got an old Colchester 2000L CNC with a Fanuc OT A control. I can power it up, jog and MPG the axis no problem. I have pushed (or it seems like) every button, in every combination I can think of but I'm unable to get the lathe to "Home". I don't know if there is a fault or I'm pushing the correct buttons in the correct sequence.
    Can someone please list the procedure for me? IE from the first operation of turning it on, guard open - shut etc.
    Thanks for any help.

RHK

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Rathousekid View Post
    Hi Everybody,
    I have just got an old Colchester 2000L CNC with a Fanuc OT A control. I can power it up, jog and MPG the axis no problem. I have pushed (or it seems like) every button, in every combination I can think of but I'm unable to get the lathe to "Home". I don't know if there is a fault or I'm pushing the correct buttons in the correct sequence.
    Can someone please list the procedure for me? IE from the first operation of turning it on, guard open - shut etc.
    Thanks for any help.

RHK
    The machine doesn't home it is set through parameters
    What does parameter 20 say

Default Re: Colchester 2000L CNC

Hi, Thanks for your response.
    Parameter 0020 is just zeros. Because there is a "Zero return" position on one of the rotary switches, I assumed it needed to be homed.
    Any help gratefully received.
    RHK