Need Help! Wiring ESS With C11GD Breakout Board

Thread: Wiring ESS With C11GD Breakout Board

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Wiring ESS With C11GD Breakout Board

Looking for help in wiring ESS and C11GD Breakout Board by CNC4PC. There are a lot of information on C11 but not C11GD. The manual is technical and hard to understand for me. I am new to CNC and looking for any member here that can help me with this board. I made a diagram of my setup but not sure where to connect each components (some cheaper BOB have easy labeling but not this one), hope some members here with same setup or experience can help. Thanks
    Wiring ESS With C11GD Breakout Board-ess-c11gd-diagram-jpg

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wiring ESS With C11GD Breakout Board-ess-c11gd-diagram-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Wiring ESS With C11GD Breakout Board

First of you need to understand your components a little better. The ESS control card basically emulates three pc parallel ports. That is why there are three IDC connectors on that control. You will connect an IDC cable from the first idc connector on the ESS to the IDC connector on the C11 breakout board. At this point I am assuming you are using Mach3 or Mach4 CNC software. You must configure the ESS inside the Mach3/4 software. You need to down load the ESS manual and the ESS driver files which is used inside of Mach3/4. You will only be able to configure the output and input pins on the first IDC parallel port since you only have one breakout card. I recommend you read the ESS manual and configure one stepper motor first. You will need x step output port and x direction output pin. Only hook up one stepper driver and motor to the c11 initially. You want to get one motor moving before you configure everything else. Also make sure you configure estop pin as that can disable all motors. Do not h ave access to computer at the moment so limited instructions. There are many others who have posted complete wiring diagrams for this exact configuration

Russ

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello Russ, Thanks for info, I was able to configure ESS divers and establish communications with ESS and Mach3 with IDC to PORT1. Now the hard part is, I am not sure what C11GD OUTPUT/INPUT Pins to connect all of my components so I can assign PINS number in mach3. This BOB is does no have simple labels for beginners. I was not able to find complete wiring diagrams for this exact configuration. Most diagrams shown are C11 and not C11GD, not sure what is the difference other than some of the PINS are in different location. If you have any more information your help is much appreciated.

Downloads
    Uploads

The C11 and the C11GD are the same except for the connection terminals. The pins assignments is user configurable, however the most common assignment is as follows.

X-STEP. Pin 2
    X-DIR. Pin 3

Y-STEP. Pin 4
    Y-DIR. Pin 5

Z-STEP. Pin 6
    Z-DIR. Pin 7

A-STEP. Pin 8
    A-DIR. Pin 9

You configure these assignments in Mach3 and wire stepper drivers to the assign pins on the C11

Russ