DC SERVO ISSUES/hrdwre issue?

Thread: DC SERVO ISSUES/hrdwre issue?

Default DC SERVO ISSUES/hrdwre issue?

Hi there;

I am in process of upgrading my DIY mill with CNC4PC components. ( C76 board with the UC 300 Ethernet system) I also switched from MACH2 to UCCNC. The machine will jog, but only at 10%. Any higher jog percentage and the drives fault out!

What am I missing? ( I think it is a power issue to the servo. My systems Gecko 320's are powered like this. The positive wire comes from a 57v dc relay and the negative comes off the negative terminal of a large capacitor ( 47000mf , if I remember correctly)

Can I get adequate current to drive the motor appropriately in this manner? The machine never would run at G-Code rate with the old configuration. It didn't matter what the value was it would only run at about 1.5 IPM. It would, however, jog at 100% rate.

Confused!!

Any help appreciated.

Clint