a cnc dummie

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: a cnc dummie

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default a cnc dummie

Hi guys,
    I guess I have been on this project for over a year now, probably should finish it.
    I have mach 4 V 3372 and the profile V 185 (I think) running the router mode
    the c-62 board leads the way using the c-55 to trigger power to the easy servos.
    the es dh-1208 servo drives have the C-43 set to soft

It took very little changes to have the indicator lights working for step and dir.
    on screen everything is working and running my g code. in the box the dir lights are indicating all is moving.
    the servo drives are just staring at me and mocking my very soul. the drives show L O that I assume says it is receiving no signal.
    oh please, wave a magic wand for me :-)

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: a cnc dummie

I have all the lights on my board working but no movement in the motors, I know I am missing something, any ideas?

a cnc dummie-win_20170501_08_47_52_pro-jpg

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

my wife hung this sign up in my shop today, hum, I wonder if it is a hint..a cnc dummie-win_20170331_18_52_06_pro-jpg

Downloads
    Uploads

Are the servos being enabled?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

He Jim,
    I am thinking they are not being enabled and not sure how to set that up in pins ?
    they do not change status as the g code is running. a cnc dummie-img_0329-jpg

Downloads
    Uploads

I would think that the servo drive enable would be hardwired, maybe through the E-stop or servo enable circuit. I'm not sure that this would be enabled in software.

http://www.leadshine.com/UploadFile/...1208d_V1.4.pdf See page 5/13

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by leptronjohn View Post
    He Jim,
    I am thinking they are not being enabled and not sure how to set that up in pins ?
    they do not change status as the g code is running. a cnc dummie-img_0329-jpg
    When you power up your machine, are the servos locked, ( meaning can you move them or do they feel like they are powered up ) if you do feel a resistance to you trying to move them by hand, then they are powered up, if they are fee to turn then they are not powered up, you will have to solve this part first, as they have to be power up and locked in position

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Look at the documentation on your servo drive. Most servo drives have an enable signal that must be satisfied prior to the Servos being able to turn under power. This is often simple a ground signal to an input pin. Normally you enable this with wires running through an estop button and in some cases people run these through the NC limit switches as well, so if anything gets tripped the servos can no longer move. Check your manual and I bet you find the enable has not been implemented.

Russ

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

cncman172,
    thanks for the heads up. I believe you are correct but the wiring from the drive is in a rj45 cable. so I am thinking wire is there but where is the pin or activate for that pin.
    john

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Also check settings of the drive (paramiters)...My servo drives are different than yours but mine take a 12 volt power source to enable it...Just a thought.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello 1benhines,
    its a good thought as Ii see the rj45 out for the servo (each one) has a 12/24 on line 7 and 5 Volt on line 8, now if I can figure out how to trigger one or both of them..
    I thought of making a line up with out the 7 and 8 to see if that trips anything.
    thanks
    john

Downloads
    Uploads

I do not have the same controller as you but mine requires a pin to be grounded to enable the servos. If your positions are changing on the controller (numbers), the hardware is sending the control signals to the servo driver but (IMHO) the servo driver is not enabled.

Check that the E-Stop is not active, that the limit switches are not active and that the home switches are not active. Any of these switches being active will stop my servos from operating.

CEStanley

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

CEStanley,
    thanks for the heads up, it could be a hidden switch or pin. I will check the leads on my limit switches. I do , or think I know the e-stop is ok. I do know what assuming is all about, was a pilot for 50 years. oh, the stories.
    thanks again, I will check those items in the morning and report.
    jo

Downloads
    Uploads

leptron,
    Post the manual for your servo drive. I would not just go experimenting by putting 12V on a given pin you will fry the driver. Almost all drives require a ground to enable the drive on the enable lead. This ground is typically connected to an opto isolator inside the drive, but a quick review of the drive manual will confirm what is required. The enable could very well come out of a RJ45 connector you will just need to access that pin when you break out the cable on the other end. They sell breakout boards for RJ45 cables so you can access each wire with a little screw terminal.

Russ

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I agree with Russ. Look at your wireing diagram in servo manual it should have a pinout for your wireing. When i said 12volt to enable i was meaning my servo drive yours could possible be different?I would hate for you to burn up your drive because of my advise...im a newbe i guess like yourself...Hopefully some of the experts on this forum will come to assist you ....Ben

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

cncman172,
    thanks for the note on the rj45 breakout board. I had used one on the limit switches and had not put that thought together.
    cool, back to the shop.
    thanks

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

hello 1benhines,
    no worries on advise, I hold no one responsible for any ideas or advise.. I am an adult, well, an old guy anyway.. I will post the manual.
    thanks for your help,
    jo

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

while looking up the manual and a way to post it , I found a soft ware manual. Huh, it seems to have more info that I have seen, maybe the answers I need..
    a cnc dummie-leadshine-pdf

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I do not have any pins set for servo or drive enable. Is there a normal set of pins for that?
    I see a cnc dummie-img_0330-jpga cnc dummie-img_0331-jpg

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Just a question? you have your motor settings... (X-axes) step=2 dir.=3 both on port 1. (y-axes) step=4 dir.=5 both on port 1 (z-axes) step=6 dir.7 both on port 1

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast