Built on a foundation of past mistakes. - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Built on a foundation of past mistakes.

Downloads
    Uploads

Mike, I really have no idea what would be better over 24 foot lenght, other than I selected belts for cost saving over Rack and pinion. I do expect you would need very wide belts in order to compensate momentary stretch. You wouldnt have that problem with R&P.

Thanks Netjams, you are easily impressed. I would rate my machine amongst the lowest compared to other members machines, in terms of build quality. But thanks anyhow

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Benny, I think you rate your machine to low as I have not seen many who have a working router that big complete with supporting table and is reliable enough for you to source outside jobs. I am sure your machine does what a lot of much more expensive machines do and just as well, shopbot,ezcnc etc. I know of an AXYZ machine that just cuts plastics and mdf for signs, I am sure if they had the knowledge they would have tried to build one themselves.

After Spalm linked me to your thread I decided to use belts for my long axis when I saw what you did with yours, which now makes my task a little more simple.
    One great thing about designing and building a machine yourself, you know how to fix it yourself.

Jason

Downloads
    Uploads

think you rate your machine to low
    Probably I do. But you know when you build something yourself, you know of all the mistakes and flaws. The other thing is, if you rag something, you dont dissapoint anyone when they see it. I recon its better to undervalue something with the chance that others think better of it, than overrate it and pople thinking what you have done is crap.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

ynneb, you have to give yourself credit for building a working machine at least,especially in the time that you completed it in, I'm building a 4 x 4 router at the moment and its work like yours that inspires and helps the rest of us. I'm considering using belt drive on my x axis now after finding out about the success youve had with your machine, keep up the good work.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12