New Machine Build DIY- CNC Embroidery Machine - Page 19

Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 91617181920212229 ... LastLast

Thread: DIY- CNC Embroidery Machine

Downloads
    Uploads

i am keep watching this thread.. Tell me about your success running this software..also few pictures of your current machine will be appreciable..

http://free3dscans.blogspot.com/ http://my-woodcarving.blogspot.com/
    http://my-diysolarwind.blogspot.com/

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Khalid, Iam beginning build my embroidery structure, sure, I will post first images. I am not installed again software , because recently installed windows seven, and Installation is stopped.
    Is your software compatible with seven.?
    Tomorrow I will try to install in my workshop pc, that is in XP.
    I will send , notice about it happends.
    Regards
    Rene

Downloads
    Uploads

For 32bit version of Window7 it may be compatible.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi, I Installed in seven 32bit, but problem in installation is the same than in XP. Installations gives me, same error.

I will send you a report of errors in installation process, attaching a screen captures, and errors in machine settings interface.

Regards

Rene

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,
    Today begun my embroidery structure building, post first images, basic elements are slider drawers , two for Y axis and one for X axis, structure dimension are 240 mm x 300 mm (slider length), embroidery area is 150 x 240mm approximately.
    Initially I will use unipolar stepper motors from printers, they are 0.75A 2VDC, movement transmit using 12mm tooted pulleys and 6mm belts from printers. If torque is insufficient I think to make some reduction pulley, to get more torque. I can reduce it until accuracy will be 0.1mm, (minimum movement in GCODE embroidery generator).
    Structure will be attached to my sewing machine base than is 240mm deep, similar structure. If work ok, after I will give a better look, using white pvc sheet, for external sides.
    If I drive embroidery cnc machine, using a LAPTOP, then I want to put controller and power source inside structure, and close it, putting two fans one in each side for a good ventilation.
    In this way, project will be small and portable.
    Tomorrow I will update you about next steps in building
    Regards

Rene

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DIY- CNC Embroidery Machine-cnc-router-building-plans-jpg   DIY- CNC Embroidery Machine-cnc-router-building-stopped-jpg   DIY- CNC Embroidery Machine-first-day-embroidery-structure-building-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi. Here is my failed installation of embroidery gcode generator software.
    Embroidery GCODE Generator Installation Process.

Operative System= Windows Seven 32Bits
    P4 CUP 3.0Ghz, Ram 2Gba

1-Installed VBRUN60.exe-OK (This version work in XP, I don’t if works in W SEVEN 32bits)

2-I have installed Microsoft Compact NET Framework 2.0 SP2

3-I have installed Microsoft Compact NET Framework 3.0 from Microsoft Visual Studio

4-Unzip G Code Generator software, downloaded from Rapid share.

5-Installed GCode Generator process. After finished replace GCode generator. exe for new embroidery gcode generator.exe file for V2.4.4

There are some alert messages during installation. Attach images of this
    I don’t what happened, I tried in three PCs, two in XP and one in Seven 32bits and errors are the same. It must be something in Windows installation or configuration, than makes program calculate bad parameters for Z axis movement. The other parameters works fine.

Please check it and help me. I don’t know what I must do to solve this. If I can't solve this I will should generate Z moves manually in excel....Uffffff.
    May be is a good thing if you upload again software to Rapishare, erase previous versions, and re-start again, and post again last exe file.

Thanks for your help

Rene

Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi, Rene.
    It seems that you have some Antivirus or anything that restrict the files to be loaded in your system... You can download following files from internet and place them in their required path.. But all have to be regeistered.. Just search the net How to register DLL files.. Just download following files

C:\Windows\system32\vbajet32.dll
    C:\Windows\system32\expsrv.dll
    'C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\DAO\DAO350.DLL'

The above three files require for the database engine of my software. Soon i will comeback to home and will share the latest version. Just try installing this software on WinXP with no Antivirus/spyware/registery software installed on it.

Regards

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi, Khalid
    Before new installation of my PC, I was using NOD32 4.0 EDITION, and every thing was ok, all happends after I reinstalled my PC, and reinstalled your software.
    I will try to download and reinstall this files, and lets see.
    I will update you.
    Regards
    Rene

Downloads
    Uploads

I have just recompiled the executable. he size is now 8.25Mb as compared to previous installation setup 32.4Mb.

You have to do following:

1- Just Unzip
    2- Run Setup.
    http://rapidshare.com/files/38519163...rator.zip.html

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi, Thanks for update program
    I was trying to install it, but is the same problem, when program try to install, Program can’t install same three dlls (EXPSRV,VBAJET32 and DAO350)
    I checked Folder destination of PROBLEMATIC dlls and all are installed in his destination folders previously, for that reason installation gives a problem in process, I don’t know what software are using that dlls, may be it comes in Windows 7 32bits installation.
    When I try to erase it, is not possible, because Operative System are protecting it, and ask me for a special authorization. How can I solve this?
    Is possible delete this 3 dlls from embroider generator gcode.cab file?
    In this way installation process doesn’t stop in this moment.
    Hope you can help me.
    Regards
    Rene

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi, Khalid.

I tried to download your latest version from "rapidshare" but it only downloads as a 50KB file and winzip can't open it. I tried yesterday and today with the same results. I used the "free user" mode since I don't have a subscription with "rapidshare".

regards,

Peter

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Rene Nuñez Paz View Post
    Hi, Thanks for update program
    I was trying to install it, but is the same problem, when program try to install, Program can’t install same three dlls (EXPSRV,VBAJET32 and DAO350)
    I checked Folder destination of PROBLEMATIC dlls and all are installed in his destination folders previously, for that reason installation gives a problem in process, I don’t know what software are using that dlls, may be it comes in Windows 7 32bits installation.
    When I try to erase it, is not possible, because Operative System are protecting it, and ask me for a special authorization. How can I solve this?
    Is possible delete this 3 dlls from embroider generator gcode.cab file?
    In this way installation process doesn’t stop in this moment.
    Hope you can help me.
    Regards
    Rene
    Hi rene,
    Deleting these files will spread confusion among other users... Also, i have Free upload on Rapidshare that give only 10 download of the same program.. I think you have viruses on your system that took holds of some files like u mentioned above.. Try a good Antivirus programm...

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by KOC62 View Post
    Hi, Khalid.

I tried to download your latest version from "rapidshare" but it only downloads as a 50KB file and winzip can't open it. I tried yesterday and today with the same results. I used the "free user" mode since I don't have a subscription with "rapidshare".

regards,

Peter
    Hi Peter,
    Sorry to hear from you about broken download.. Do you know any better file sharing website? just tell me i will share on that site?
    Regards

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,

I stopped temporary build of my embroider structure because I was busy in work, think to re begin this weekend.

I think to finish my embroidery structure soon, build/buy a embroidery foot press, cnc cut a new hoop and do new test to see what is the new real SPM than we can get in this configuration. Accord my calculus , my SPM were 100-125. Using new structure will be too fast, but I think that never above 300SPM.

Iam waiting my new controller from Hobby CNC, to make test in home, workshop is in my garage and is hot and dirty.

Iam doing a lot of info researching about move needle using a DC motor. I think than never we get a considerable Stitches per minute using a stepper, because are a big quantity of consecutive lines than mach must process. I asked in Mach 3 forum, and there give me some important advices.
    I think than obligatorily, we must go in direction to use a DC/AC motor to move needle, now the problem is how to get sequence. Things than I have in mind are.

1a-Use a DC motor to move needle, start it using a M3 command like a spindle. We need to know if embroidery machines do variations in motor velocity accord to stitch length. In this case are necessary some calculus to determine the equations to send speed to motor accord to next stitch length. I am working in this table. I was looking two videos from You Tube and in one seems like needle velocity are stable, and in other seems that are speed variations in function of hoop movement.

1b-If embroidery machines always use the same needle movement velocity, and then we need to try and find what can be our max velocity. This always is in function of max speed than we can get in hoop movement. We should calculate needle motor velocity in dependence of time elapsed to move hoop in max length line selected. For this we should take in consideration, than time elapsed in one max distance hoop movement is 40% of time for one needle operation,(we must remember that this is the time than needle is above embroidery table). These parameters will give us our maximum Stitches per minute, because we need to reduce needle velocity until we get a hoop movement for a max distance (example. 7 mm), in time used for needle to get out of fabric , elevate and descend to 5mm above fabric. If hoop movement is slow then we will get a 200 SPM embroidery machine and if is fast we can get a 500 SPM embroidery machine.

2-How we can get this? I was looking embroidery machine plans and part lists, and it seems that is in this way.
    In sewing machine shaft, beside pulley, we should locate two slotted discs and two optical switches.
    First slotted disk is for set needle in upper position (like homing), this optical switch will be connected to some input In controller card (Pins d10-13 , 15) and can be programmed for set needle in upper position when thread is break, bobbin is empty and for color thread change.
    Second slotted disk is for test when needle is coming out of fabric and in machine safe height, and works with the second optical switch than is configured like a hotkey using a MACH code to operate SINGLE BLK button, and run one GCODE Line in each needle operation. Now we must set up needle motor velocity to get our best performance.

3-For a jump stitches, you told me than it’s a max distance between stitches, to prevent needle bending and fabric deformation due thread tension in jump movement, I was see that is possible use a solenoid for reduce thread tension in jump stitches. In this lines can be used a M7-M9 command to release thread tension and get again when jump movement is finished. In ECLIPSE project is in this way and Brother PE-150 embroidery machine too.

4-When thread is break, we can use an optical sensor located in a convenient position, to catch this moment, I think than this sensor can be configured too like a hotkey and use a relative command code to operate a FREE HOLD button and homing needle in upper position, to pause work and set thread again

Now the problem is “talk this” to program if is possible do in this way

Maybe are necessary new macros to get this purpose, maybe is not in this way, I wait your considerations about it.

Thanks and regards

Rene

Downloads
    Uploads

Rene:
    Thank you for the interesting update. There is more to this project than I first thought.

Khalid:
    Does your DST to g-code conversion create more g-code x-y moves compared to DST x-y moves? Or is the g-code overhead mainly due to Z-axis processing. In other words, Rene's research suggests that there are too many consecutive g-code lines for Mach to process for the Z-axis and thus slow down the SPM. Does this make g-code usage ill suited for our DIY embroidery machine?

To All:
    I would guess that the sewing wheel needs to be running continously during the embroidery phase for maximum SPM capability. This would only require a wheel speed control (e.g. use spindle speed parameter?). The hoop must be controlled to move during the "safe height" of the needle but we must not stop the sewing wheel. Hence the requirement for needle position detection so that synchronicity is maintained like a cam design. If the hoop can move too fast such that the needle or thread can break because of thread tension being to tight, then we need a thread tension control of some sort. It would also be necessary to have a sensor to detect a broken needle or thread (or both?). If this is too complicated then we are left with a low SPM, i.e. such that the needle or thread does not break.

It may be useful to collect the criteria required for the hardware design. Like thread tension control, thread breakage sensor, needle position sensor, and then the required interface to MACH software (spindle RPM, M-codes required, etc). I guess I'm looking more toward a feasability overview since Khalid is convinced that g-code and Mach was doable for good quality embroidery. Rene seems to have some reservations about some aspects of the concept - well at least for the Z-axis control and prefers to use a DC/AC motor for needle wheel control. I'm in a position of uncertainty due to unknown hardware requirements to make this work for a high quality DIY embroidery machine. I would sacrifice SPM rather than stitch quality.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi, answering KOC questions

KOC
    Does your DST to g-code conversion create more g-code x-y moves compared to DST x-y moves? Or is the g-code overhead mainly due to Z-axis processing. In other words, Rene's research suggests that there are too many consecutive g-code lines for Mach to process for the Z-axis and thus slow down the SPM.
    R- ANSWER
    In our actual embroidery work we need to make pauses in needle movement, Z for one revolution takes two code lines and a macro line, motor should stop and start again loosing sequence, all this is against a good thread tension control. In each Z moves stepper must start-accelerate-decrease acceleration-Stop and restarts again. Definitively it takes more time than runs a continuous rotating motor.

KOC
    I would guess that the sewing wheel needs to be running continuously during the embroidery phase for maximum SPM capability. This would only require a wheel speed control (e.g. use spindle speed parameter?).

R- ANSWER
    I think that too, we can do this work for needle movement with an stepper like a spindle, using step and direction control,
    Mach 3 manual says that this is for a SERVO, but I think than we can use a stepper at 500-600 rpm, without problems, because we need more and less this speed for a good SPM.

KOC
    The hoop must be controlled to move during the "safe height" of the needle but we must not stop the sewing wheel.
    R- ANSWER
    Hoop will initiate move when needle is on safe height, going out of fabric, and must finish movement before needle arrives to safe height before goes inside thread. Today I was reading a embroidery machine specs and says more and less in this way about it.
    “This machine is capable to doing a max stitch length at 800 SPM”
    We need to know how long will be our max length for a stitch and in this basis, experiment what can be our max SPM.

KOC
    Hence the requirement for needle position detection so that synchronicity is maintained like a cam design.
    R- ANSWER
    Needle position to start hoop movement, can be set using a slotted disk and a optical sensor, this sensor send a command by macro for CYCLE START in SINGLE BLK mode,
    SINGLE BLK mode, set CYCLE START for next line and after system is in FREE HOLD position until slotted disk cross sensor again.

KOC
    If the hoop can move too fast such that the needle or thread can break because of thread tension being to tight, then we need a thread tension control of some sort.
    R- ANSWER
    Hoop move should be in synchronicity with wheel move, THREAD take up lever assy, feed an amount of thread for one stitch movement, when hoop begin moves, is some quantity of thread free for move. Also we should be installed a solenoid than release thread tension for a jump stitches, I don’t know if solenoid works in all stitches.

KOC
    It would also be necessary to have a sensor to detect a broken needle or thread (or both?). If this is too complicated then we are left with a low SPM, i.e. such that the needle or thread does not break.
    R- ANSWER
    Broken needle or broken thread causes than thread is going out of sensor in this moment of loose tension, and machine stops. We can configure this sensor like an OEM TRIGGER in Mach using hot keys and FREE HOLD code (10100), to pause embroidery work and change thread or needle.

KOC
    It may be useful to collect the criteria required for the hardware design. Like thread tension control, thread breakage sensor, needle position sensor, and then the required interface to MACH software (spindle RPM, M-codes required, etc).
    R- ANSWER
    I totally agree and am doing a research of info wherever I can.

KOC
    I guess I'm looking more toward a feasibility overview since Khalid is convinced that g-code and Mach was doable for good quality embroidery.
    Rene seems to have some reservations about some aspects of the concept - well at least for the Z-axis control and prefers to use a DC/AC motor for needle wheel control. I'm in a position of uncertainty due to unknown hardware requirements to make this work for a high quality DIY embroidery machine. I would sacrifice SPM rather than stitch quality.
    R- ANSWER
    I convinced too that G code and Mach is a good choice for embroidery work, Mach gives us a big amount of setup possibilities and we should takes. For that reason I’m trying to know if we can use G-code plus macros and continuous motor for needle movement, I think that we can use a ordinary CNC controller card. Resuming hard ware more and less will be
    1- 3 AXIS CNC CONTROLLER. (5 inputs and 2 outputs)
    2-Stepper motors (3)
    3-Optical sensors (5) Broken thread, needle safe height, needle homing position, X axis homing, Y axis homing
    4-Solenoid 12v (1 For Jump stitches)
    5-Solenoid 12 V (For thread bobbin cutter)
    6-Relays 3-5vdc input and 12VDC output for solenoids (2)
    If we use AC-DC motor, then we reduce number of Steppers, but should increase
    Another relay, an AC/DC Motor, and a card for PWM control of motor speed.

Sorry if I misunderstood some of KOC questions, and sorry my bad English

Regards

Rene

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi, Rene.
    You did well in your explanations. I like your summary list, and find it helpful.

I also noticed that Khalid has given some hardware ideas earlier in this thread that I missed, so I may spend some time reviewing earlier discussions in this thread and catch-up.

Ques: What would the maximum hoop size be, and still have good stitch quality? I realize that one dimension is limited by the sewing machine "throat" size.

Thanks again, Rene.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Smile sharing website

Quote Originally Posted by Khalid View Post
    Hi Peter,
    Sorry to hear from you about broken download.. Do you know any better file sharing website? just tell me i will share on that site?
    Regards
    People ho.
    I'm from Mexico City.
    I've been following the thread, because I care.
    Sorry for my bad English. With a dictionary, have been translated word for word, for weeks .

Similar Sites to Rapidshare, Megauldoad, but better:
    -------------------------------------------------
    http://www.updownloadserver.de/
    http://ifile.it/
    http://www.filedropper.com/
    hosting by 0.5 year
    https://www.discountasp.net/signup/special/iis/
    Limite: 10MB
    life time: Ilimitado
    URL: http://www.hyperupload.com

Let me introduce myself.
    As a child I learned to embroider by hand, and I liked it.
    Dreams of building an embroidery machine, like yours.
    I've been learning some motor pap, engines, drivers, etc..
    I calculate that, in the footsteps of you, I shall in a year.
    Thanks to everyone

Downloads
    Uploads

Hola Carlos

Buenvenido a nuestra comunidad de bordadores CNC, esperamos contar con tus experiencias y tus conocimientos en este trabajo. Si has visto bordadoras personales
    computarizadas, y tienes alguna info sobre ellas, como datos de motores, piezas, etc, nos es muy util para comprender al detalle su forma de trabajo. No es mucha la info que hay en la red.
    Detalles sobre el trabajo que estamos haciendo los puedes encontrar en español en el foro de lobosolitario/general. alli he ido detallandolo poco a poco.

http://www.lobosolitario.com/foro/ge...e-informacion/

For non spanish readers
    Hi carlos
    Wellcome to our CNC embroidery community, we will like to know about your experiences
    If you have some information about personal embroidery machines, always are wellcome
    in web are not many of this,
    More details about our work you can find here

http://www.lobosolitario.com/foro/ge...e-informacion/

Regards

Rene

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello
    When begins jump stitches between different embroidery objects, actually are some quantity of short stitches in max length of 7mm, to prevent needle bending or breaking and fabric deformation. That’s a good idea, but after finish embroidery work, these stitches should be removed manually.
    I was looking in some embroidery machines parts, and in PE150, are a solenoid for release thread tension, in this machine it seems than solenoid is activated for an optical sensor and a slotted disc.
    In our project, I think that initially we should use a simple commands for solenoid activation and when begins work for use a continuous motor for needle movement, in this time, we should consider an optical switch for solenoid activation or use a stepper motor like PE770.
    Now I have a 12VDC solenoid, pulled from a car’s trunk locker. I will use a Mini DC Relay from CNC4PC (attach image) to activate it, my Hobby CNC controller has 4 holes for solder a connector (Attach image), in this place I will solder a wire to connect to Relay.
    My problem is how to set solenoid start/stop in Mach, I set in this way. I think to use a M7 command (from Flood Mist Control) for Start Solenoid, but I don’t know how stop it. Maybe a M9 command. I have some idea about configure M7 in Output signals, using Output No 3, Port 1, Pin 1, and Active Low non checked.
    I don’t know if this work in this way, I never are used this options in Mach. In a future I will use again but for start/stop router and dust extractor in my router.
    When all is working properly, some lines of jump stitches can be eliminated, and in first jump line, activate command M7, in this moment solenoid release thread tension and in last jump stitch M9 stop solenoid tensing thread again.
    Thanks in advance for your help.
    Regards
    Rene

Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 91617181920212229 ... LastLast